My First Blog on CAG! My top five games of E3.
By GhostShark 06-27-2010 07:17 PM
I posted this a week or so ago on my facebook and figured I'd post it here too. It was pretty rushed. I also review comics so if you want them posted here just lemme know. :P
E3 2010 has come and gone over the past week and what a E3 it was. The Big 3 (Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony) all had decent showings for the most part, but none of the conferences were fully spectacular. However some of the games shown off were spectacular. There were quite a few shooters shown off this year (and the majority of them look extremely fun) as well as some new sequels to loved fighting game franchises! I will now give you my top 5 games (and Honorable Mentions) of E3!
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Not much to say here, but HOLY HELL THAT CINEMATIC WAS AWESOME. The in-game footage and gameplay shown wasn't too shabby either. Looks like KOTOR with updated graphs. There is nothing bad with that. I eagerly await more information about this game. Sith Inquisitor, here I come!
Kirby Epic Yarn and the new Donkey Kong Country- Nintendo's show offered the usual plethora of motion control games as well as DS games and the new 3Ds, but I felt the biggest announcements of their conference was the confirmation of a new Kirby and Donkey Kong games. Most people love their Metroid, Mario and Zelda and that's good and all because they will probably be great games, but I've been wanting a Donkey Kong game since Donkey Kong Country 64. As for Kirby, the game looks amazing and very original. Plus it's Kirby :3
Rage: Many people were wanting a new Doom from iD, but last year it was announced they were working on a new, original shooter called Rage. This game looks very fun and nothing like Doom. Which is pretty awesome thing.
Now onto the Top 5.
5. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - This is one of the few highlights of Ubisoft's rather boring conference. The game takes place in the future (obviously) and thats a route that I think some games should take more often. I'm looking at your Modern Warfare 2. The game being years or so in the future gives the creators a chance to make a very original and amazing campaign mode. The various weapons and tech you have just looks incredible fun to use. Everything from stealth ammo to invisible tech suits. It can't get much better than that. However, very little has been shown or talked about on the multiplayer front. That was one of the best things about the previous Ghost Recon.
4. Marvel VS Capcom 3 - The love child of MvC2 and TvC. At E3 they had the game out to play and from the vid's I've seen it looks like it's slower than MvC2, but with the graphic style of Street Fighter IV mixed with some comic attributes. The voice acting could use a little tinkering with (Captain America sounds awful), but the game just looks incredibly fun to play. I can't to get this on launch day. Also, it appears a final boss makes an appearance in the trailer, Dormammu from Dr. Strange fame. Look forward to Comic Con and the Tokyo Game Show for more information on the game!
3. The New Mortal Kombat - People can say what they want about the backgrounds and air combos. This game looks brutal as hell. Everything from the fatalities and bone-crushing combos (Johnny Cage's ball destruction, anyone?) just looks so awesome. This the is the Mortal Kombat game every has wanted since the heavily watered down DC vs MK. Ed Boon listened to the fan and is giving us classic MK characters and Stages (these stages look amazing, screw the haters). Also, Scorpion has the good ol' Louisana Leg Sweep. I cannot wait for this game so I can bust out the Sector and rocket juggle.
2. Bulletstorm - Best FPS of the show right here. Coming from People Can Fly and Epic Games. Gears of War ends with Gears of War 3 so the guys over at Epic Games are starting a new series with a serious yet jokester tone to the game. Reading about it in Game Informer got me really hyped for the game, but the stuff shown at E3 just looks so amazing and fun. It's not often you get a first person shooter where you get award points for shooting something in the balls or killing it in a wacky way. The abilites to slide, leash or just blow the enemy away is pretty neat. It's not been made clear yet if this is will have RPG elements to it, but Cliffy B has said before that the future of shooters is to go the Mass Effect route and mix in RPG elements so who knows. If so, this could be the next Borderlands, but possible better.
1. Gears of War 3 - Not that many people know this, but I loved Gears of War 2. The story was a pure rush and was also very sad at times. The threequel will bring 4 player Co-op to the game and that's going to be really fun. Gone is Horde mode, but new is Beast mode. Just think of it as the opposite of Horde mode. Gonna be pretty sweet the play as the enemy. The demo we saw during the Microsoft Conference was awesome and I wanted the game right then and there. We got evolved enemy and even bigger bosses. This game is a culmination of one what will be one damn good Video Game Trilogy. I just hate having to wait till next year for this game, but that's the deal with most of the games on my list.
E3 2010 was a moderate success once again. I'm not really sold on all this motion control stuff and I doubt I ever will fully appreciate it, but man, what a year for shooters. Especially ones with Epic Games involved. It was pretty unfortunate to not see any Dragon Age 2 or Mass Effect 3 news at all, but that will all come in due time.
|Comments (Total Comments: 2)|
|AlexLeSage - 06-27-2010, 07:22 PM|
|GhostShark - 06-28-2010, 11:57 AM|
|Recent Blog Entries by GhostShark|