AdSense Account Deactivated.
Just days away from earning my first payout from YouTube after over 2 years of making BevNerd Video Podcast for my YouTube channel.
They cited invalid click issues. I misclicked an ad on one of my videos Thursday.
I appealed the deactivation. "...It may take up to 2 to 3 weeks for response..." Appeal denied 6 hours later at 3 am.
I was ULTRA butt hurt for a day or two. Thinking about it just makes me so sad. Feeling like I've wasted my time. My dreams of that YouTube money and fame has been dashed. Well I could still find YT fame, but no money from it. Here are my thoughts.
1. I've been doing BevNerd for over 2 years for pretty much free, I love to do it and getting paid for would just a fantastic bonus.
2. I use Blip.tv for my master video postings, they then get aggregated to YouTube and other sites. They do offer payouts and have paid me in the past. They have a much smaller market, payout is much smaller, but I think they do a great job and don't look for the slightest mistake to take your money and put it back in their virtual wallet.
3. I would NEVER punish anyone that watches my show via YouTube (ie: I would never stop posting my videos to YouTube) I personally won't link people to my YouTube channel and I will only ask people to subscribe via Blip and iTunes.
4. Affiliate programs! Yes, they are tedious, I feel like I'm begging people, but they work. I will now include my Amazon link on all my blog posts and videos. So if anything, there's still a chance to get extra money to eventually buy a new computer to work on, buy new equipment and fund more BevNerd.com video projects in the works.
5. Sponsorships! Not for my webshow, but to have BevNerd staff be brand ambassadors at events like comic conventions. We've had a taste of success at MomoCon with sponsors and it's freaking fun!
6. I just had a staff meeting, aka guys drinking beer outside in Alabama. We've got some really awesome stuff planned and a total overhaul on BevNerd.com. Plans to create a more personable roundtable discussion food show, and just ways we can get closer and closer to not working for The Man and work for ourselves.
7. My passion is truly there for me, my craft beer reviewer and my idea guy (Job title TBD). I strongly believe that if you have enough passion for anything, you can find a way for someone to pay you for it.
Anyway, that's my mini rant, motivational speech and thought provoking insight (?).
Check out my site, www.BevNerd.com and look for the Amazon button. If you ever choose to click it and buy something. I get pennies.
If you are currently subscribed via YouTube or not subscribed at all. I now would prefer folks to subscribe via Blip! Just click it and it'll take you to my neat channel page.
|Comments (Total Comments: 13)|
|iwarboY - 04-22-2012, 01:42 AM|
|Wolfkin - 04-22-2012, 09:29 AM|
|PepsiDriver - 04-22-2012, 09:56 AM|
|raarar - 04-22-2012, 12:15 PM|
|Thongsy - 04-22-2012, 07:03 PM|
|dragoon99 - 04-22-2012, 09:27 PM|
|DaBoltz - 04-23-2012, 01:08 AM|
|Holesale - 04-23-2012, 07:25 AM|
|PepsiDriver - 04-23-2012, 05:56 PM|
|grrouchie - 04-23-2012, 06:41 PM|
|Yamato - 04-24-2012, 05:50 PM|
|PepsiDriver - 04-24-2012, 09:10 PM|
|Yamato - 04-25-2012, 07:04 PM|
|Recent Blog Entries by PepsiDriver|