How To Categorize Your Blog Posts
One thing I have noticed on the CAG C-blogs is that most people's posts are labeled "uncategorized". My posts were like this as well so I decided to poke around for some kind of solution for this problem. Posted below is a step-by-step guide to categorizing your blog posts.
1. Click the "Blog Control Panel" link in the right sidebar's "Options" menu. It's at the very bottom of that list.
2. From there, click on the "Blog Categories" selection of the "Blog Control Panel". It's in the right side bar as well.
3. Now click on the "Add New Blog Category" button of the main window.
4. Now heres where you get to name your blog's categories. Enter the title of the category. The title is what will show up at the bottom of your blog posts. Next you can give the category a description.
5. "Parent Category" will show up after you create your first category. For example, News>Console>Wii. I believe "Display Order" allows you to choose which categories show up first under "Additional Options".
6. After saving changes you will now be able to categorize all your blog posts(new and old) by clicking on the category of your choice under the "Blog Categories" section of the "Additional Options" Menu below where you type your blog post.
Well, that's it. Thank God I can stop typing all sorts of variations of the word "category". Hope this helps. BTW, subscribe to my blog, it takes just 2 whole seconds! You got 2 seconds right? You do that for me and I might bring you a podcast.
|Comments (Total Comments: 5)|
|LinkinPrime - 07-03-2008, 07:35 PM|
|lordwow - 07-03-2008, 07:35 PM|
|option.iv - 07-03-2008, 07:36 PM|
|BlueSwim - 07-03-2008, 07:42 PM|
|JoeyDemon138 - 09-17-2009, 07:05 AM|
|Recent Blog Entries by BlueSwim|