Will you three ever try Guild Wars 2?
Here are the reasons I think all three of you would like GW2:
1) Big open world RPG
2) Each race gets there own single player (or coop if you choose) story line with branching paths. Much like Dragon Age 1.
3) Big beautiful open world with tons of nooks and carnies to explore and you gain a lot of experience for exploring.
4) The first game I have ever enjoyed playing alongside people I don't know. I have not met one jerk in this game. I am normally a single player type gamer.
5) The game gives experience and loot for helping other players. If you run up and help a player kill a monster you both get exp and loot.
6) All players can heal and revive other players and get exp for it, so everyone wants to help.
7) You can play with your friends at any level. A level 30 player can play with a level 1 player and both players will get loot and exp for their level.
8) You get just as much exp for crafting and gathering as killing monsters.
9) You do not have to group with other players to play alongside them. You just work together or not. You don't even need to talk to them. Just feels like an NPCs with very good AI.
10) Dynamic Events. You don't talk to NPC to get most quests (exception is your story quest). There are constant events (indicated by a heart on the map) and random events (indicated by a bright orange circle) happening all the time in every area, and usually multiple ways to complete them.
11) One of the best skill systems I have ever seen in a game. Too much to explain here.
12) World vs World vs World PvP: You can but do not have too (almost like a second game) participate in WvWvW. These are four large maps where you can fight for the honor of your server against 2 other servers. This includes taking objective points like castles and such over, and other objectives as well. There are both real players and NPCs to kill. You get exp and loot from both. Everyone is level boosted to max level 80 while in WvWvW, so even a level one can play (you just won’t have all your skills unlocked).
13) Fast travel to any way-point you have discovered. So nice. No reason to run back and forth through areas you have already been through.
14) Very little penalty for death, so you can feel free to adventure in areas over your head.
15) Tons of cool loot, and ways to dress up your character.
16) 91% on Metacritic, and a fantastic Game Trailers review you can check out.
17) Game plays like a cross between Skyrim, Dragon Age, and yes a little like WoW, but I think better than all three. I hate to say WoW because I was not a fan of WoW’s game play. GW2 is only like WoW or any other MMO because there are a lot of people running around. In my opinion the game play is much faster and more dynamic.
18) A Mac version of the game for Wombat.
19) No Subscription Fee. None!!! Just buy the game and play as much as you want. If you need to take a break and play other games, no problem. Just come back later without feeling like you are paying for something you are not using.
Okay, there is on negative. The game has a slight learning curve. Maybe one to two hours to kind of get the hang of how things work. The game does not do a great job on explaining how things work. If you feel a little lost when you start check out the Guild Wars 2 Wiki, or ask people in game. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
I hope all three of you, and other CAGs give GW2 a try. I love it.