You guys are missing this point.
The whole "tangible goods" vs. "non-tangible" goods is irrelevant.
In the past you were safe as long as you didn't mention that you were e-mailing codes. Now you can't list codes period. Did you not ignore the link?
Examples of digitally delivered goods that can't be advertised on eBay
- MP3 music copied from a CD you own or recorded at a concert
- eBooks you don't own the copyright to and aren't authorized to resell by the owner, the owner's authorized agent, or the law
- Songs you bought from iTunes
- Movies you copied from DVDs you own
- Video games you copied from the original CDs
- PDF files of product manuals or user guides that you don't own the copyright of or you aren't authorized to resell by the owner, the owner's authorized agent, or the law
- Online gaming accounts or artifacts such as characters, currency, or other items in any format
You can say "I never got caught" but that doesn't matter.... you will and it is still against their policy.
Mailing the physical code only protects you against an Item Not Received (INR) complaint. It doesn't mean your listing is no longer a violation and it provides no protection from a buyer filing a Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) dispute. Furthermore if your get a listing policy violation (MC999) for selling digital goods you will automatically lose a claim if one is opened through eBay after the sale.
Your listing has been removed.
We don't let sellers list virtual products such as online game characters, accounts, currency, codes that can be redeemed for in-game items, or related software.
This helps protect the people who originally created the products and own the rights to reproduce and sell them.
Here's more information on our policy:
You may need to take a tutorial. The next time you sell, you may be asked to take the tutorial, if it's required. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.
To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:
Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation.
For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit: