Well, thanks for the recommendations for gaming mice CAG's. I wanted something easily modable with macros if need be, wanted every button to be programmable (for MMO's), and wanted my thumb to do most of the work. I finally picked a winner:
Bought for $38.86 shipped from antsonline.com, and no I didn't buy it for the paint job.
Link to Antsonline Product Page
- Love the idea of that bottom thumb button you can just drop your thumb onto.
- The 4-way mouse wheel (completely programmable).
- 11 programmable buttons (12 if you count the 2-way DPI Selector Switch on top which is re-programmable as well).
- On-board memory carrying 5 profiles at a time with individual LED Color.
- Weight adjustment.
- Rubber Side Grips
- Teflon or Ceramic Slide Pads.
- 5,000 DPI
Logitech G500 (Thanks asheskitty, I looked at their whole line)
I am a big fan of Logitech. The reasons the Drakonia beat out this mouse are simple: 1. Bottom thumb button. 2. Price. 3. 4-way mouse wheel. I will definitely be keeping this one in mind, but for the price, I had to try out the Drakonia first.
Corsair Vengeance M90
Damn this mouse has potential. It's an ingenous design, 15 buttons right there at your thumb. Placed in a way as not to confuse them (like a blank numpad would). If it wasn't for the reviews saying how it doesn't hold up and the subpar software to govern it, this would have been my pick for sure. It's exactly the design I wanted, but it's best thought of as a prototype for now. I hope they stick with this. This thing has potential.