Originally Posted by Serpentor
That's a very rare occurrence...
For me I can't game without achievement/trophies, it's just not the same anymore once I'm exposed to it (for a pretty long time now)... My biggest regret for Wii U is the lack of such feature.
Here's a list of what trophies/achievements did to my gaming habit:
- They make me play games on hardest settings (I suck at video games, but I'm very persistent).
- They make me play games I normally skip (like Dead to Rights, Damnation etc.).
- They make me play games I normally think childish or uncool (Cabela's Camp, EyePet).
- They make me collect things in the game I normally skip (Uncharted treasures).
- They make me play online sometimes (I hate online trophies/achievements, I'm a very offline gamer, hahaha). I had to do this for Transformers War for Cybertron platinum trophy.
- They make me appreciate games like Flower and PJ Eden (I'm not a very patient gamer, PJ Eden was crap when I first played it)
- They make me hold on to the games I've completed unless I got the platinum trophy (got a lot of those games around, hahaha).
- They make me laugh... Some trophies/achievements have funny names and descriptions.
- They keep track of my gaming experiences...
- They make me remember my accomplishments (God of War's Bleeding Thumbs trophy)
- They make me play games in "innovative" ways (press the PS button to freeze the screen, set the clock...) Kind of remind me of Metal Gear Solid's psycho mantis boss...
- Believe it or not, trophies/achievements make me buy more games! Not necessarily play more games...
Pretty much the way I feel about it. Achievements have done nothing but make my gaming experiences much more varied and enjoyable. Just hit 200,000 GS a while back.