Originally Posted by Amazon DVG Deals
Wanted to pop in and apologize for the lack of responses lately. I've had quite a bit going on in my life personally and professionally, that has kept me occupied outside of posting. To give you some context:
I have the utmost respect and admiration for your dedication to your job. But having said that, I hope that some of those issues (especially the family-related ones) will inspire you and Amazon to provide a healthy balance between What You Do and How You Live.
I appreciate the openness that you've brought to us DD consumers. But that openness requires time and effort, and I wonder if your superiors realize just how many hours you dedicate to your job. I'm just watching this thread (not following on reddit or Facebook or SA or Twitter), and I can see that you're putting in much more than 9-to-5 hours. It's commendable, but I worry that it's not sustainable.
Hopefully part of the review process you're engaged in will involve Amazon hiring some support staff, so that you can keep a healthy balance between your professional life and your personal life. It's the Pareto Principle at work: 80% of the communication you provide (upcoming deals, standard answers to standard questions, etc.) could be handled by such staff, freeing you up to handle the other 20%, spend more time working with publishers, and giving you more time to spend living a life outside of work.
tl;dr: Don't get burned out taking care of us greedy schmucks.