Copy and pasted...
The slots here fit perfectly with the I/O output of the latest motherboards:
Original 60GB PS3 Motherboard, 180watt versus current 80GB, 110watt (which has 65nm CPU/GPU):
The standard workstations (as pointed out by Sin):
Thanks to west and iceatcs for angling the image correctly, the system is almost quadratic:
Goldrusher has done a good job trying to fit the various pieces:
1. Convincing, professional chassis mold
2. Logo changed from PLAYSTATION 3 to PS3 which is logical, not proof for/against though
3. Packaging image is not shopped (though the pack itself might be custom made)
4. IBM have had the 45nm Cell in production (since mid 2008 I believe?), we all know the story about the general downsizing of PS3 components and lower power needs
5. Pink/green work stations! (same as background)
6. Sony shipped 10m PS3's in fiscal year 07 and 08 each, they are now
saying 13m for 09.
7. Maintek Computer located in Suzhou, China, manufactures PS3s. They brought down the thread (Chinese) that was hosting these images with cease and desist.
Don't expect this one at E3, not impossible but unlikely. Late summer/early fall."