Originally Posted by bvharris
Alright, I'll give you a free bump so I can ask what we're all probably wondering... What's with you and Moogles?
BV, I've never really spent much time trying to qualify it, but...
1) They're cool as a cucumber - the world is always ending or half-ended, and even on the brink of annihilataion, they dance, talk their usual line of smack, sell items for petty cash, and go on with their mail-courier duties like nothing has changed.
2) There aren't enough playable ones - Square gives us a dynamite pc in Mog with FF III/VI, and then they pull the rug out from beneath our feet and deny ever giving us another playable moogle in the main line of FF games! That crap just makes the need for playable moogles that must greater.
3) Mog - he danced, survived the end of the world, saw his species wiped out, carried a trident, and stood in the middle of the screen at the beginning of each battle just because he wanted attention.
4) They're a less-respected FF tradition! Everyone goes on and on about yellow birds that run fast and occasionally come in a different color, and we don't know what we'd do without Cid, but the moogles just keep rolling right along, totally content to stay in the background of each game. Believe you me, if they disappeared, THEN people would talk. It's just a lack of appreciation, if you ask me.
5) Different appearances - every world of FF has a different spin on what moogles look like, and none (even the kind-of-weird Ivalice moogles) look less than awesome. No arms? Rabbit ears? Ears upside-down, small, or large? It doesn't hurt that they've always got the wings and pom-pom, of course.
6) There is no six.
7) Wings - they're a freaking bear with wings (usually). Wings make everything better. For proof, look no further than tampons. Taboo, unmentioned, and then - BAM! - wings, and they're all over TV. Wings make everything better.
8) Optimal terrestrial means of transportation - FF VII showed us that if you need a rough-and-tumble means of getting a scrawny and/or suboptimal creature around the varied terrain of a life-sustaining planet, your go-to modus operandi is the moogle body.
Does this help?