Hey all, I'm also thinking of going the home built rig route, and I had a quick question. New Egg is running a combo deal right now which my buddy says is pretty sweet: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.472801
- AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor (Model: HDT55TFBGRBOX)
- GIGABYTE AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX Motherboard (Model: GA-880GMA-UD2H)
- G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory (Model: F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT)
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive (Model: ST31000528AS)
- Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan
- Rosewill Green Series 630W Continuous @40°C,80 PLUS Certified, Single 12V Rail, Active PFC "Compatible with Core i7, i5" Power Supply (Model: RG630-S12)
I'll be adding in a Radeon HD 5770 1 GB video card as well, to complete the package. My questions is two-fold. One, is this really a decent deal, and two, will that power supply be able to handle all that plus the video-card? My budget is roughly $700 (saving a little for a nice monitor) so I have a little wiggle room, but this seems to offer everything I need. Am I missing some glaring flaw in any of these components?