Originally Posted by mink-e
Please don't take this proposal as any kind of slight. I just think it's fair to let people know up front what is expected. If I were just hosting a 5 person group buy, I'd have no problem grabbing people out of the thread. When you have to juggle 20 slots, however, there's a lot of work involved with that. With me having recently found gainful employment again, I just don't have the time to hunt down who does or doesn't need to be in a bundle. It's not like we're getting rich off this. We're doing it as a service to the CAG community. I know I've been hooked up big time through various threads over the years and I see this as a way to give back some.
The OP is a wiki right? What about this idea:
- In the OP, we have each hosters of the bundle edit the OP with a list (1 to 20) of available indie gala bundle spot
- Each person who wants to buy a gift edits the OP themselves to put their names on an available spot
- In the case of no available host, a list of 1 to 20 will be on the OP. Any one interested in a spot edits the OP and adds their name (& profile link) to the list.
- A CAG who wants to host can use the list to PM each interested person.
1) If you take a spot, you must PM that hoster you signed up for to arrange payment and etc.
2) Do NOT send PMs to other hosters which did not sign up for a spot.
- Hosters may have an easier time looking for people who want a bundle (as oppose to having to look through individual posts)
- Maybe too confusing?
- People who don't follow rules and PMs every hoster
The Goal is the make it easier for the host. Don't know if this will work but its a thought.