Originally Posted by IAmTheCheapestGamer
1. Shipping to the used game warehouse only usually applies if the games are mangled beyond belief 2. or the store employees are raping every customer for refurb fees, even on stuff that's immaculate.
3. Again, see above. If GS employees were told to be more selective in the feces and other indeterminate substance covered, scratched up, disc only shit they took in then those employees would be redundant and no longer necessary.
4. Not only that, but I believe that most GS employees usually print up those fetching anime kid covers for the disc only games, so no need to send those out and pay someone else to do that.
5. Since when do GS employees actually get benefits? I mean, aside from being paid via a cash card that rapes them with fees every time they try to use it.
6. At one point in time, Amazon had values far and above GS and even offered bonus credit. Now they only offer the base value. But right now BB is offering a 100% trade bonus and combined with their 10% bump card and the right games it can't be beat. But yeah, all three places offer shit values otherwise nowadays.
7. For the record, I only used to trade in nearly broken stuff when dumping crap consoles on them.
Kidding. Actually virtually everything I traded to them was mint/complete. So someone got excellent condition copies of many games.
8. I had to damn near jump the counter the one time to point out where the new/sealed copies of X or Y game were when I kept asking for a new copy of a recently released game. They kept trying to upsell to the pre-owned copies, all of which were disc only less than a week from launch.
I've had good employees, bad employees and super pushy employees before. Of the three I'd rather have the good & bad employees, but the super pushy(mention 10 different preorders, then whore out the PUR card) ones can eat a dick. I'd rather pre-order with someone who knows I don't put up with the upselling bs and is laid back rather than Mr. I Think I'm Super
in' Salesman Of The Year.
9. $50? Shit. I'd just rather an actual apology from the employee(s) in question in front of a packed store on a busy night like a Friday or Saturday evening. Embarassing an asshole employee makes me smile more than greasing my palm with a "free" gift card. That free gc basically means I'm giving that dick a free pass to be a jerkoff to someone else in the fuure if it means it'll get him a sale.
10. I only usually bought from GS when there was an actual deal that I considered decent. Otherwise I avoided them like the plague.
1. Which is more than 50% of the games. (most) People do not take care of their stuff. If GameStop only took pristine stuff, they would hardly take any trade ins. A
2. I have traded tons of stuff and maybe 1 time I paid a "refurb fee". How do you know all employees "rape customers with fees"? Assumption out of your ass? or did you conduct a formal surveys with customers checking their receipts?
3. It is not that easy to just take "perfect / complete items". Again, GameStop would hardly sell any used games if that was the case.
4. Wrong. Employees do not print the "disc only" covers. Those come from the Refurb center in Grapevine, TX with the cases and games. There is a special machine that does that. Keep assuming and pulling shit out of your ass.
5. Employees do get benefits and they are better than your average retail store. I used to get CIGNA medical and dental for my family for $120 every paycheck. Try getting those benefits at Wal-Mart. I am impressed with your google search. Nice article about an employee bitching because he gets paid with a card that charges fees. Actually, the story fails to mention that you can transfer your card balance to any bank for free. Also, every employee can get paid through direct deposit at no cost. Nice try.
6. At one point amazon had great trade in values... a long time ago. Right now they will give you $1 for Infamous 2 (if your game is in "good condition"). Have fun trading those games over there.
7. Sure, everything you trade is flawless. Good for you. That's not how most people treat their stuff.
8. How hard were they trying to sell you that used game? Just tell the clerk, shut the
up and give me the new copy. That will take care of the matter right away. Unless, you are sensitive and can't get those words out of your mouth. When it comes to preorders, man, I must be the luckiest guy in America because every time a clerk tries to push a preorder, they stop asking once I say no.
9. Apologies mean shit to me, I rather have a nice $50 gift card. I rather deal with jerks so I can get me a nice gift card so I can buy myself a nice game. An "apology" does not entertain me on my XBOX 360.
10. "Avoid them like the plague but run to the store when there is a deal." Doesn't that sound like hypocrisy? I avoid places I dislike no matter the price I can get. You remind me of the wal-mart haters who cannot stand the company because it kills "local stores", yet these same people go to wal-mart every week because it is the cheapest place to buy goods.