Wii Classic Controller phased out?

DAWG26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I was shopping around on Craigslist and came across someone selling a classic controller and said they are no longer sold due to a Sony lawsuit. Is this true? I havnt seen anything about it so I was curious to find out.

That was back in 2008 and the classic controller was available until recently. They are probably being phase out for the wii classic controller pro

[quote name='62t']That was back in 2008 and the classic controller was available until recently. They are probably being phase out for the wii classic controller pro[/QUOTE]

Is that the new super duper black one?

[quote name='62t']That was back in 2008 and the classic controller was available until recently. They are probably being phase out for the wii classic controller pro[/QUOTE]

This was my first thought, and I even typed that out. Then I googled and saw those articles (I should have read them, or at least loaded the links =P )

But yeah, this would be my bet as well.

[quote name='DAWG26']Is that the new super duper black one?[/QUOTE]

Has the additional shoulder buttons, and those grips, yes.

[quote name='Kaoz']This was my first thought, and I even typed that out. Then I googled and saw those articles (I should have read them, or at least loaded the links =P )

But yeah, this would be my bet as well.

Has the additional shoulder buttons, and those grips, yes.[/QUOTE]

The shoulder buttons are not technically additional, they're just maybe larger and moved around a bit.

Also I still see the original Classic Controller in stores today, in different packaging from what they used to be, so they're still available.

Whether or not the original will be around long after the Pro is released is a different story.

[quote name='maximumzero']The shoulder buttons are not technically additional, they're just maybe larger and moved around a bit.

Also I still see the original Classic Controller in stores today, in different packaging from what they used to be, so they're still available.

Whether or not the original will be around long after the Pro is released is a different story.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I never noticed those two little shoulder buttons on the original. Looks awkward.

Oh okay, didn't know they had two shoulder buttons. So people can play PS2 style on the Wii. I was wondering how they were going to, if they did not have the two shoulder buttons.

I bet some other company will do that, probably Mad Catz will be the first to make a wireless classic controller. But, I don't think they would do the Classic Controller. They'd be more likely to do the Classic Controller Plus, since it's the most recent and newer one.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I bet some other company will do that, probably Mad Catz will be the first to make a wireless classic controller. But, I don't think they would do the Classic Controller. They'd be more likely to do the Classic Controller Plus, since it's the most recent and newer one.[/QUOTE]

Well, there is the Thrustmaster, but I'm talking about official controllers.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Well, there is the Thrustmaster, but I'm talking about official controllers.[/QUOTE]

Actually Nyko came out with one, it's alled the Wing.

[quote name='DAWG26']Anyone have a one that they want to get rid of (classic or knock off)?

Edit: Is this the one you were talking about Ryukahn?

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-2-4Ghz-T-..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1264895925&sr=8-3

Pretty good price on that one. Its $13.99 shipped. The Wing is about $23.

Edit 2: Ordered the Thrustmaster.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is. You must have lucked out on seeing it at $13.99. It was showing as $20 for me earlier and it still shows as $20 now. Also, yup it is pretty ugly.

[quote name='WanderingAesir']Actually Nyko came out with one, it's alled the Wing.[/QUOTE]

I am talking about official controllers, as in made by Nintendo. All the knockoff ones I have seen look terrible.

Actually I bought it used listed from Amazon Warehouse. Figured at that price shipped I would take a chance and hope it comes in good condition.

The Wing is an awesome controller. It is the best controller available to play Geometry Wars because the analogs don't have any notches on them. I have 2 Thrustmasters and have had them for a long time, and I prefer the Wing over them immensely. Plus, the Thrustmaster doesn't work with all games like the Wing does, because the Wing's dongle connects to the Wiimote, whereas the Thrustmaster is like a Wavebird minus the awesome sauce.

Just my $.02.

The biggest selling point for the thrustmaster was that I could play GC games useing it. I dont think you can do that w the wing.

[quote name='DAWG26']Anyone have a one that they want to get rid of (classic or knock off)?

Edit: Is this the one you were talking about Ryukahn?

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-2-4Ghz-T-..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1264895925&sr=8-3

Pretty good price on that one. Its $13.99 shipped. The Wing is about $23.

Edit 2: Ordered the Thrustmaster.[/QUOTE]

The best thing about the Thrustmaster is that all the buttons are remap-able, which means you can play the Megaman Anniversary Collection properly on the Wii.

[quote name='maximumzero']The best thing about the Thrustmaster is that all the buttons are remap-able, which means you can play the Megaman Anniversary Collection properly on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

This is very true...and the point about GC games is probably also true...I say probably because I own 5 Wavebirds.:D

[quote name='Knoxximus']The Wing is an awesome controller. It is the best controller available to play Geometry Wars because the analogs don't have any notches on them. I have 2 Thrustmasters and have had them for a long time, and I prefer the Wing over them immensely. Plus, the Thrustmaster doesn't work with all games like the Wing does, because the Wing's dongle connects to the Wiimote, whereas the Thrustmaster is like a Wavebird minus the awesome sauce.

Just my $.02.[/QUOTE]

I was actually thinking about picking up the wing for SSBB... any insight?

[quote name='WanderingAesir']I was actually thinking about picking up the wing for SSBB... any insight?[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I wouldn't know, 'cause I own Wavebirds. I will make a note to try SSBB with the Wing though before the weekend and let you know.

[quote name='Knoxximus']Like I said, I wouldn't know, 'cause I own Wavebirds. I will make a note to try SSBB with the Wing though before the weekend and let you know.[/QUOTE]

Sweet... thanks! :D

bread's done
Back