Wing Commander XBLA

lordxixor101

CAGiversary!
Took this from Gaming Nexus on Gameblogs.org

I can't go to the site (blocked at work), but the paragraph excerpt on Gameblogs seems to indicate that the game will only be multiplayer, up to 16 at a time.

Could be fun, though I never played a Wing Commander game previously, so I wonder if the experience will be lost if there are no nostalgic feelings.

It also said scheduled out this summer, but I guess that's a wait and see.

So, any interest?

I love the Wing Commander series, but IMO the gameplay has not aged well. A lot of the charm of the games was the story anyway so I don't know how interested I would be in multiplayer only.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I love the Wing Commander series, but IMO the gameplay has not aged well. A lot of the charm of the games was the story anyway so I don't know how interested I would be in multiplayer only.[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the gameplay video? It has little to no resemblance to the old Wing Commanders.

I'm interested, but which Wing Commander are we talking about?

I played the first one on a 286 with a screaming 12mHz proc. and a massive 40MB hard drive. And that was 8mHz slower than the system requirements. It was a slide show by the 3rd level. Ahhh....good times.

[quote name='rockhero']Did you watch the gameplay video? It has little to no resemblance to the old Wing Commanders.[/QUOTE]

I see now. Well then I guess it will be an average dog fight game, not a Wing Commander game at all.

If only it had been Privateer. That game would be such a great deal on arcade.
Space battles + buying and selling goods = cheap fun for a long time.

bread's done
Back