So I just bought killer instinct gold....

SL4IN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
and I couldn't be anymore excited. And I got it from a fellow CAG!!! Man I've been looking all over for this game and I'm so glad that I've finally found it. anyone else love killer instinct like me? if so, what's your favorite character?

I remember that it looked really awesome when it first came out. Was pretty cool in the arcades and on the Super Nintendo....did you get it for SNES or 64?

I used to play the snes version on my xband nonstop. There used to be about 5 or so other local players who were also really into it. Come to think of it that was pretty much the only game I could find players locally for. Aaah the good ol days of online gaming...

I've never played it, and may not get around to it - I never had an SNES, and haven't stumbled on the N64 version yet.

It's probably safe to assume the franchise is dead, right? I wonder what it'd be like Rare decided to let it resurface on the 360... :whistle2:k

I've only played it on SNES, in the arcade and on my home cabinet. I've never tried the N64 version. I like using Glacius and Orchid.

I loved using jago and if RARE would resurface this with a new game on the 360, that would be a MAJOR selling point for me.

this almost caused my friend to stop being friends with me.. as I would be a "cheap" player by not doing any "special moves" and just use the hardest kick/trip method of beating them down.. ..ah the good old days of having a band heh..

Yeah, I also got this. Tusk is a bad a$$

tusk.jpg
http://www.mundorare.com/juegos/kigold/imagenes/tusk.jpg

I never got into the N64 version, played it back in like 96 or 97. I had good times with the SNES version though.

In the SNES/first arcade one I used Cinder. Then they freakin' got rid of him. In KI2/Gold I used Orchid and Jago but I was never as good with them as I was with Cinder.

Ahhh KI. Still one of my favorites. I mainly use Orchid and Sabrewulf. RARE is sitting on a mega-hit if they would bring the series back. I care nothing about X360, but a KI3 would completely change my mind.

I love this game. Always used TJ Combo or Maya. During college, KI and Wayne Gretzky 64 were the games my buddies and I would break out after nights out drinking.

KI Gold kinda sucks compared to the original arcade KI or even the SNES KI, but it's still decent compared to alot of other console fights. In KI Gold I use TJ Combo, in KI 1 I use Cinder. Bastards took him out :(

Also, the combo system in Gold sucks. Not tryin to be a downer... I'm just sayin.

i didn't think the game was tier 1 when compared to other fighters..

I love Tekken too much not to put that as my favorite.. but this game definately had some cool characters and definately fast paced and fun to play or watch

KI Gold for the N64 was based off of KI2 player list and combos. I thought it was an ok port, but the blurry graphics were really a downer.

Any noticeable gameplay differences between n64 KIG and the arcade KI2?

I ask because I know that MK Trilogy was a mess on the n64... it was basically built off the SNES UMK3 and had a ton of incorrect properties for everything (whereas the PS1 Trilogy pretty much replicated the arcade gameplay).

It's so dissapointing that there has never been an arcade perfect version of either KI brought to a home system..

I loved it in the arcade. Cinder and Thunder were my favorites. (Can you guess why I never cared for KI2??)

So why hasn't Rare done anything with the KI license? I thought I heard once there was some legal tie-up with Nintendo over the rights. Basically, Rare owns the rights, but Nintendo has some claim to them? Or was that just rumor?

I bought KI Gold the day it was released. I was annoyed that they decided to switch to the ghetto 3d backgrounds instead of just doing a straight port of KI2. It was the same game otherwise.

I was even more annoyed that they never released KI1 for the N64. :(

Maya was the best.

[quote name='Zing']

I was even more annoyed that they never released KI1 for the N64. :(
[/quote]

Why would they release the first game on the N64 anyways?

I use to play KI all the time on the snes when I was little. Did any of you guys get the soundtrack when you bought it for snes. I still have it lying around somewhere in my room.

I mostly used Jago and Orchid

FULGORE.

I bought it day one for $70 I think. I didn't realize it is somewhat hard to come by and a little pricey. Wish I would have kept it.

Neither KI Gold or KI SNES are hard to find, or expensive..

Did any of you KI fans ever do that infinite combo with Cinder in the Arcade KI where you could keep doing flip kicks infinitely higher and higher until on some of the rooftop stages you couldn't even see the arena anymore? I think that was my favorite glitch.

[quote name='jer7583']Neither KI Gold or KI SNES are hard to find, or expensive..[/quote]

KI SNES isn't difficult at all, there are new ones on Ebay all the time. But a complete Gold is getting around $30 on Ebay. Plus, for a Gold cart only you are talking about $15-$20. That is pricey for me. ;)

[quote name='SL4IN']I just got gold on the n64. I'm currently looking for the first one on the super nes.[/QUOTE]
That's one of the few games you can still find new for SNES relatively frequently. Ebay has several new/sealed right now for $29.99 with Buy It Now.

I remember getting more use out of the bonus Killer Cuts CD than the actual game -- though I didn't mind the game either. I bought it because I couldn't wait for MK 3. It was a good choice on my part.

[quote name='jer7583']Neither KI Gold or KI SNES are hard to find, or expensive..

Did any of you KI fans ever do that infinite combo with Cinder in the Arcade KI where you could keep doing flip kicks infinitely higher and higher until on some of the rooftop stages you couldn't even see the arena anymore? I think that was my favorite glitch.[/QUOTE]

I never actually did it, but I loved that glitch.

Man that game was fucking awesome. XBLA PLEASE.

^ That's an excellent reason why I wouldn't play it on XBLA. Freaks would abuse the glitch like there's no tomarrow. Take the fun right out of the game.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']^ That's an excellent reason why I wouldn't play it on XBLA. Freaks would abuse the glitch like there's no tomarrow. Take the fun right out of the game.[/QUOTE]

True but they could take that kind of stuff out. Even if not it'd be a great game to play with friends.

The original KI was probably the best. The second game just had some 3d backdrops and additional characters along with halarious outcomes. I never even play Gold yet.

I heard gold is really great. In KI I love using Jago, Spinal, and Fulgore.
Still we will never see another grand KI game ever as the original.

What is really nice about the game is that you can also use it with X-band. That and Mario Kart had to be game heavan for anybody using X-Band at the time.

Man KI is my favorite fighting series ever. I spent many many tokens at the arcade on both KI 1&2, and have the snes, n64, and gameboy versions (although it blows big time. It was cheap though.). Usually I always play with Orchid or Sabrewulf. I wish whatever reason KI3 has not been developed yet will one day soon be erased. A next-gen Killer Instinct could really be a smash hit.

fuckin' Sabrewulf all the way. He had the best combos, and easiest to chain. Course, that made it easier for someone to try to counter, but it's a lot harder to try to counter than it is to start a combo.

People dislike the KI fighting system because it was never made to be a frame-by-frame analysis. :roll:
The important thing is that it's fun, and it's fairly easy to get into, unlike something like, say, Virtua Fighter.

People dislike the KI fighting system because it was never made to be a frame-by-frame analysis. :roll:

what do you mean by that?

KI is just like any other fighter but pre-rendered.

Yes it was a cheap production to get each and ever key frame rather then in Street fighter where somebody draw, scan, and resized the images.

Man, I haven't played that in years. I still remember being on vacation in South Carolina in about 97 and whooping the shit out of the computer with Jago on the hardest mode in the game. At that time, it was easy as hell to me, now, I probably blow donkey balls at it. I don't even remember all the specials and such for the game anymore...

I never understood why so many people adored KI.

Nice graphics.....if you like that kind of graphics...but I found it so idk...unfluid.

Sorry no nostalgia from me.

bread's done
Back