PC monitor help

fatmanforlife99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Alright, I am going to buy a PS3 soon and I need to know how to hook up the PS3 sound through 2.1 channel pc speakers?(I will be playing through a pc monitor) If anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated. Any kind of cables or adapters i need to get?

My guess would be you'd need RCA to 2.5mm headphone adapter y-cable (2 female RCA cables with one male 2.5mm on the other end.) That way you can go directly from the spider cable that comes with the console to route the audio through there (it's a setting in the setup menu... you'll be able to see it when you get the machine)

How are you hooking up the Ps3 to the monitor? component? Even then, you're able to use the adapter:

Something like this might work:

http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?productID=4730

thanks a lot I did not know it was in setup. I am hooking the PS3 through the HDMI to DVI cable and the Dell monitor i am using is HDCP compliant. Any more help would also greatly be appreciated and thanks for the help so far Mechafenris.

that'll work (your link...the two rca to a female 3.5mm jack). That's how I used to have my ps2/ps3 connected to my speakers.

bread's done
Back