Deals on T-Mobile To Go Kits?

Karuto

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hello there. Looking to get into T-Mobile. Anyone know of any deals going on for these phones? I don't have a specific preference, but I'd really like to not break the bank when it comes to getting a phone. Thank you.

Well, I need the phone right away, since I ran out of time on my Virgin Mobile phone (the piece of crap), so you do know of any places that have free time cards or anything of that sort?

retail stores from time to time run promos with free cards. If you need a phone right away go buy a net10 phone at walmart ($30-$100) depending on the model, and they come with 300 FREE minutes. Order the t-mobile phone you want online and return the net10 when you get it :) You'll actually find that the net10 have 10x better reception than t-mobile prepaids do since they run on more than one GSM service (they lease from other GSM providers such as AT&T and T-Mobile)

Lol, well, I don't necessarily need it right now. Just by this Saturday. I'm not looking to spend much money on a phone, so I don't want to spend over $100. If you guys hear about any discounted phones or free phone cards for the T-Mobile ToGo line, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you. :)

Not counting the cost of the phone itself, you're going to have to spend "$100" on a refill if you want the cheapest rate per min at .10 and 1 yr. expiration immediately for Gold Rewards status.

The best deal on refill cards is this week at Target. The "$50" cards are on sale for only $40. Get two and combine them in one transaction when you top up the phone you'll be getting soon.

I'm "going to have to"? I mean, what's the difference in me spending $40 a year instead of $100 a year? If I spend over $100 over time, does that grant me the Gold Rewards status? I don't talk on the phone much, but would this be the best thing to do right away?

Just curious, because like I said, I don't want all my money going towards the phone. I just want a cell phone around, and hate being stuck with Virgin Mobile with its miniscule support. ;)

yeah it really comes down to how much you use your phone as to whether or not t-mobile is good for you.

Reasons for getting T-mobile:

as low as .10 a min
after gold rewards ($100 refill spent) all cards are good for a year
coverage
.05 incoming text

If you use your phone heavily it's really not a good plan as there are cheaper prepaids out there. I use my t-mobile less than 5 min a month and bought the phone with gold rewards status already so I only have to spend a min of $10 a year to keep my service active.

[quote name='Karuto']I'm "going to have to"? I mean, what's the difference in me spending $40 a year instead of $100 a year? If I spend over $100 over time, does that grant me the Gold Rewards status? I don't talk on the phone much, but would this be the best thing to do right away?

Just curious, because like I said, I don't want all my money going towards the phone. I just want a cell phone around, and hate being stuck with Virgin Mobile with its miniscule support. ;)[/QUOTE]

Once you reach the $100 you are gold rewards and all cards are good for a year. (purchased afterwards) However, if you spend say ($10x10 cards) your gold rewards year wouldn't be into effect until you buy ANOTHER card. If you buy the $100 up front you not only get 1000 mins but you get the year right away. Buying 10, $10 cards would only net you 300 mins...

Also, keep in mind that t-mobile prepaid service has less coverage than contract T-mobile service since the prepaid only run off of T-mobile owned towers.

Wow, really? $10 a year? That's insane! I'd love that, because most of the time, I never spend my money, and they still make me spend $20 every 90 days. I'll definitely do that if it means saving a ton of money later! Thanks for the pointer. ;)

During school, I use it sporadically. I might have some frat bros. giving me a call once or twice a day, but I'm more socially active than I ever was, so perhaps spending that $100 would be a good idea. Thanks again.

When I used to have T-Mobile To Go (have since switched to Sprint contract), I found that Target had the best deals on the kits and were usually $10-$20 less per kit than the T-Mobile site.

Don't forget that it's actually just $80 you'll spend for the two $50 refill cards if you buy them this week at Target.

Get those first even if you haven't picked out a phone yet. Once bought they are activated and you have up to 90 days IIRC before calling that fastcard 800# for the real T-Mobile pin.

BTW, if you had a credit card set up for auto top-up on Virgin, you could have selected the $15 every 90 days option.

And another thing... check T-Mobile's To Go coverage in your local area to be sure you'll be getting service and the signal strength. Their site has a street level map thingy.

Yeah, $10 a year is the best deal for light to no useage on a phone. I bought my phone off someone who already had spent $100 so the account was gold rewards already and I just had the phone # changed. Put $10 on it... whola! Cost of Phone + $10 = active phone for 1 year. Keep an eye on the t-mobile website for those free $25 cards too, as you can just resell the phone (usually for more $$) and keep the $25 refill card for your phone.

bread's done
Back