Metroid Dread comment in Prime 3...Please let it happen!!!

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
258 (100%)
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/27/metroid-dread-nearing-completion-hidden-metroid-prime-3-messa/

Metroid Dread 'nearing completion', hidden Metroid Prime 3 message teases

7 Comments by James Ransom-Wiley Aug 27th 2007 12:58PM
Filed under: Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, Action, Adventure
samus
Despite being unofficially canned in November 2005, Metroid Dread, the rumored 2D-throwback project for DS, is back on the radar. New evidence has been uncovered by IGN (and other privileged Metroid Prime 3 reviewers) while scanning a certain panel found mid-game in this week's Wii release. Using Samus's scan visor, the message reads:

"Experiment status report update: Metroid project 'Dread' is nearing the final stages of completion."

Is Dread back from the dead? Maybe -- or perhaps MP3 developer Retro is just pulling an insider's gag. It's time for Nintendo to fess up.

After recently playing through Zero Mission I really want a new 2D Metroid! I really hope this isn't a gag.

[quote name='jkam']After recently playing through Zero Mission I really want a new 2D Metroid! I really hope this isn't a gag.[/quote]

Seconded!

Those GBA games are some of my favorite of all time, please let it happen:cry:

I'd really love to see how they would take advantage of the 2 screens...they could have some gigantic bosses and some sick passageways.

Would be super stoked for this as Super Metroid is still my all time favorite game.

I loved the GBA games as well, especially Zero Mission. Fusion wasn't quite up to snuff due to being more linear and a couple of the bosses being cheap/annoyingly hard (namely nightmare).

I thought Hunters sucked balls, so I'd really kill for another 2D Metroid. The Prime games, Hunters aside, are good, but just not the same to me.

[quote name='BIG5']I really hope it's true, even though I didn't like Fusion or Zero Mission very much.[/quote]

Same. They really need to make the recent handheld games much longer, more difficult and get rid of the hand-holding. I'd be very psyched for a new 2D Metroid though.

It cramped my hands after 20 minutes or so, and I don't think I have particularly large hands.

Anyway, as much as that sucked, the game design bothered me even more. Just turned metroid into a generic FPS with boring levels, repeated bosses etc. And the multiplayer was as generic as it gets.

[quote name='dmaul1114']
Anyway, as much as that sucked, the game design bothered me even more. Just turned metroid into a generic FPS with boring levels, repeated bosses etc.[/QUOTE]

Generic? You make it sound like there are lot of FPS for DS.

[quote name='laaj']Generic? You make it sound like there are lot of FPS for DS.[/quote]
I think what he is trying to get out and I agree with the atmosphere just felt bland and uninspiring.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I couldn't play Hunters for 10 minutes before my hands got all cramped.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same thing happened to me.

I really hope this is true though. As much as I like the 3D Metroids, 2D games are still damn fun.

[quote name='laaj']Generic? You make it sound like there are lot of FPS for DS.[/QUOTE]

FPS is an FPS, and Hunters felt like a typical FPS deathmatch from the the Quake-Quake II era.

Just bland and uninspired.

Further, the controls sucked balls and showed that there shouldn't be ANY FPS on the DS.

[quote name='sayHey']
if this is fusion with a map on the top screen, i'll pay top dollar.[/QUOTE]

It's amazing how much difference that makes in these kind of games. Was great in the DS castlevania games to not have to go into the menu to look at the map all the time like you had to in the GBA games.

[quote name='dmaul1114']It's amazing how much difference that makes in these kind of games. Was great in the DS castlevania games to not have to go into the menu to look at the map all the time like you had to in the GBA games.[/quote]

Agreed.

Overall it's a little disappointing to see all the franchises which came to life or were ressurrected on the GBA (Fire Emblem, Wario Ware, Metroid, Advance Wars, a ton of RPGs, etc) getting either a lot or no attention on the DS.

2 Metroid GBA games and 3 console titles in the past 5 years, and Hunters - you'd think another 2D game would be a no-brainer. Nintendo has such a tendency to milk their franchises and put out almost obligatory updates/sequels, and we've even had NSMB and Yoshi's Island 2 - games you never would have expected.

What I really want is for the remakes to continue ala Zero Mission, with a proper update for Metroid 2. I loved it back in the day, but it hasn't aged as well as I was hoping. It would be fantastic to see it with the cinematic and graphical clarity that Zero Mission had...:D

What would really, really suck is if it's not a joke, but it turns out to be a 3D Metroid using the Hunters engine instead of a real Metroid.

I'm hopeing it really does turn out to be a new 2D Metroid, but until there's official word I'm not getting my hopes up. Honestly after the amazing Zero Mission, I kind of want a Metroid 2 remake done the same way.

[quote name='johnnypark']
Overall it's a little disappointing to see all the franchises which came to life or were ressurrected on the GBA (Fire Emblem, Wario Ware, Metroid, Advance Wars, a ton of RPGs, etc) getting either a lot or no attention on the DS.
[/QUOTE]

Same here. They really need to dig into some of those franchises. After a stellar 2006, the DS has a super thin library for me in 2007. All I've bought this year so far is Planet Puzzle League, and the only thing on the release calendar for the rest of the year that is a must buy is Zelda.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Same here. They really need to dig into some of those franchises. After a stellar 2006, the DS has a super thin library for me in 2007. All I've bought this year so far is Planet Puzzle League, and the only thing on the release calendar for the rest of the year that is a must buy is Zelda.[/QUOTE]

As much as I hate to admit it that last game you mention will probably be the biggest seller of 2007 in only a month.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Same here. They really need to dig into some of those franchises. After a stellar 2006, the DS has a super thin library for me in 2007. All I've bought this year so far is Planet Puzzle League, and the only thing on the release calendar for the rest of the year that is a must buy is Zelda.[/quote]

Speak for yourself. My DS backlog never seems to get shorter!

That is why I said "the ds has a super thin library for me in 2007."

Lots of games coming, just not shit I'm interested in at this point.

I'd buy it for sure.

Metroid Fusion is my favorite Metroid game, so I'd love another 2D one.

However, if this is a joke, its a mean one...but still funny :p

bread's done
Back