Just Got Scammed On Ebay...What to do?

headpiece747

CAGiversary!
Feedback
186 (100%)
My wife washed my cell phone and I wanted to get a new one. So I go to Verizon and find out that I would have to buy a new because I didn't get insurance with my phone. My LG Chocolate would cost $220.00 brand new. So I looked for alternatives on google. I did some research and it said that if you get the MEID (serial number on back of the phone) and call Verizon then they could tell you if it is lost, stolen or have past bills. So I find a Chocolate on Ebay for $130.00 but before I bid I got the MEID number and called Verizon and they said it was not lost, stolen or have past bills. So I bid and win and get the cell and I call to activate it and Verizon tells me it was lost or stolen. WTF this is my first bad deal on Ebay and it is pissing me off. I wrote the guy to try to get a refund but wanted to know what I could do if he tries not to give me one? Any and all suggestions are welcome?

rule number one.......always keep your cell phone in a leather case and clipped to your belt/pants. That way when you take off your pants/belt, you know your phone is still on there.

rule number two.......If your wife NEVER checks your pants before putting into the wash, just plain smack her on the side of the head.

rule number three.....Never buy cell phones off of ebay. Chances are they are stolen.

You should have took the hit and bought the phone again. yea it would suck, but now since you gave the numbers to Verizon, they could now think you have a stolen phone....and could call the authorities.

If you paid through Paypal, file a claim with them and they'll begin the "getting your money back" process. When they ask for a reason, use the "item not as described" option and you'll be on your way.

[quote name='ITDEFX']You should have took the hit and bought the phone again. yea it would suck, but now since you gave the numbers to Verizon, they could now think you have a stolen phone....and could call the authorities.[/quote]
I wish I did buy it new now but Verizon said that I could just return it to Verizon store and they will send it to the owner. I am going to wait to see what this seller does first before I do anything like that.

[quote name='Halo05']If you paid through Paypal, file a claim with them and they'll begin the "getting your money back" process. When they ask for a reason, use the "item not as described" option and you'll be on your way.[/quote]
That sounds like a good idea. I will just wait to see what the seller does or says.

[quote name='Halo05']If you paid through Paypal, file a claim with them and they'll begin the "getting your money back" process. When they ask for a reason, use the "item not as described" option and you'll be on your way.[/quote]

If that doesn't work, I've been told filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau is very effective with Paypal.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']If that doesn't work, I've been told filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau is very effective with Paypal.[/quote]
Another good suggestion with Paypal. I have the prick's name and address so if he does get back to me I will report him to the authorities in his city.

bread's done
Back