MicroCenter offering +5/+10/+25 on trades

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
s_eB0907B_36_37.gif

This would be a good deal however two things bum me out about my trade in price quote with them.

1-Their trade in machine seems to be "broken" every other time I go there.

2-Last time I went in, they quoted me about 15 bucks for my stuff. I might get a better nibble here on cag..but it hasn't been that great.

$5 / 3 = $1.66 extra per game
$10 / 5 = $2 extra per game
$25 / 9 = $2.77 extra per game

That last one isn't too bad.

If I knew more about their trading process, I might go for it with 9 games that I can't get rid of anywhere else.

[quote name='eshbums']Yes on ps1/n64/dc, but values decrease when missing manuals/cases.[/QUOTE]

:drool:

I really hope the Microcenter in Cambridge MA is taking trade ins. I've got a shit ton of ps1/n64/DC stuff that won't sell on ebay that I wanna get rid of and get Halo.

I actually might see if ps1 games work for this because I probably have around 50 or so ps1 games that I could trade in since they don't sell on ebay......something tells me that ps1 games will not qualify though.

[quote name='Prepster']I actually might see if ps1 games work for this because I probably have around 50 or so ps1 games that I could trade in since they don't sell on ebay......something tells me that ps1 games will not qualify though.[/QUOTE]

ps1 games do qualify. And SNES, N64, gameboy, GBA et cetera. Any platform that is accepted as trade-in qualifies.

[quote name='eshbums']ps1 games do qualify. And SNES, N64, gameboy, GBA et cetera. Any platform that is accepted as trade-in qualifies.[/quote]

Wow, alright thanks for letting me know that then.

Just called the Houston location and the guy said, "You can get $25 per 9."

I was like, "if I have 36 games......" He said, "$100"

and yes... PS1 games are accepted

to top it all off this kid just gave me about 60 PS1 games he didn't want!!!:drool:

This is starting to look attractive, I wonder if their are any exclusions. I was considering doing the 40% extra GS deal again today, but this deal is so much better, so all I need to do is scrounge up another 4 games, which I'm sure will be gameboy crap :)

[quote name='stoned99']This is starting to look attractive, I wonder if their are any exclusions. I was considering doing the 40% extra GS deal again today, but this deal is so much better, so all I need to do is scrounge up another 4 games, which I'm sure will be gameboy crap :)[/QUOTE]

hmm I *might* consider trading all that crap I have on my TL to Microcenter and see what goes.. last time they offered me like 15 bucks for everything with Deep Labrenth toping the highest.

The Microcenter in Paterson NJ does not accept trade ins yet. Some stupid Pawn Shop License Thing they need to get first. I would love to do this deal and get some good stuff too but it looks like a no go.

[quote name='DJ Samp']Just called the Houston location and the guy said, "You can get $25 per 9."

I was like, "if I have 36 games......" He said, "$100"

and yes... PS1 games are accepted

to top it all off this kid just gave me about 60 PS1 games he didn't want!!!:drool:[/QUOTE]

No...it's 9+ = $25 extra trade in, that's the max. The info they gave you over the phone is incorrect.

I can confirm that not only is microcenter in cambridge,MA offering over double the rates from EB/gamespot on buybacks, the are also doing this promotion. I just got twilight princess with a bunch of old shooter games. They flyers in store that say this is valid everywhere but 1 or 2 microcenters.

[quote name='eshbums']No...it's 9+ = $25 extra trade in, that's the max. The info they gave you over the phone is incorrect.[/quote]

Ahh so its not every 9 gets an extra $25? Guess this isnt such a great deal after all....dam

[quote name='eshbums']No...it's 9+ = $25 extra trade in, that's the max. The info they gave you over the phone is incorrect.[/quote]

Well, you could always go back, couldn't you? Pretty silly. And inconvenient, as my nearest MicroCenter is not exactly near.

I think I'm going to try this on Monday. I'll call first, but I got at least nine games goin' nowhere.

[quote name='Prepster']Ahh so its not every 9 gets an extra $25? Guess this isnt such a great deal after all....dam[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's 9+ gets the $25 extra credit.

I went to the Microcenter in Columbus, Ohio. Traded in 5 ps games (3 need for speeds, and tekken 1 and 2), 4 ps2 games (fifa 05, nhl 04/07, nhl2k6) and meteos ds. I got 23+ in credit and a coupon for 25 dollars off. So I got 48+ off on nhl 08.

The 25 extra was on a giant coupon sheet. I was told if you brought in, say, 18 games you would get two individual extra 25 off coupons and had to be used on separate items. The actual store credit is on a receipt that the register person scans. I would assume you could use all credit from 18 games on one item and the 25 off coupon. Then the 2nd coupon you would have to use on a different item.

The receipt for the actual trade-ins list all the prices they gave you. I do not remember many prices but I think Meteos was around 5, Fifa was 5, Nhl 07 was like 4-5 and tekken 1 was a dollar. Seems to be a decent deal considering what eb/gs gives for ea sports games and the fact some games you cant sell anywhere (ie. who wants Gameday 2000).

Hope that helps.

[quote name='the1brock']I went to the Microcenter in Columbus, Ohio. Traded in 5 ps games (3 need for speeds, and tekken 1 and 2), 4 ps2 games (fifa 05, nhl 04/07, nhl2k6) and meteos ds. I got 23+ in credit and a coupon for 25 dollars off. So I got 48+ off on nhl 08.

The 25 extra was on a giant coupon sheet. I was told if you brought in, say, 18 games you would get two individual extra 25 off coupons and had to be used on separate items. The actual store credit is on a receipt that the register person scans. I would assume you could use all credit from 18 games on one item and the 25 off coupon. Then the 2nd coupon you would have to use on a different item.

The receipt for the actual trade-ins list all the prices they gave you. I do not remember many prices but I think Meteos was around 5, Fifa was 5, Nhl 07 was like 4-5 and tekken 1 was a dollar. Seems to be a decent deal considering what eb/gs gives for ea sports games and the fact some games you cant sell anywhere (ie. who wants Gameday 2000).

Hope that helps.[/quote]

Thanks for your update, I am wondering if there is an expiration date on the coupon list or the trade-in credit? I think it says that credit is for game dept only. That sucks.

Crap, I was all set to go today, and printed the coupon in preperation, only to realize the Tustin branch is excluded from the deal (as well as Elston Ave Chicago, St. Davids, PA)

[quote name='Elldubtoo']Darn, why not TUSTIN?!! I had Madden 03/04/05/06 and NCAA 03/04/05/06 ready.[/quote]

What?

Crap.

MicroCenter Tustin: Most Useless Store Ever

[quote name='eshbums']The coupons have an expiration date of 10/14/07.[/quote]
Sorry, I meant the $25 extra credit coupon.

Do they take ps1 games with just the cd? Also can I trade in more than 1 copy of the same game?

If anyone knows that would be great since I would love to head over there tomorrow and calling them is useless and they are all pretty useless at the microcenter by me, so any help is appreciated.

[quote name='happyorangeman']The Microcenter in Paterson NJ does not accept trade ins yet. Some stupid Pawn Shop License Thing they need to get first. I would love to do this deal and get some good stuff too but it looks like a no go.[/quote]

thanks this saves me a trip. i was gonna go there on tuesday.

to everyone, if you've done a trade at microcenter, please post the amount they give to you for each game. it should benefit all of us. thanks in advance!

The stores that aren't set up for used gaming yet are:

St. Davids, PA
Chicago, IL (The Elston Ave. location)
Tustin, CA
Paterson, NJ

All other locations are participating.

Besides the +5/+10/+25 - through the end of the month there's also a $10 extra promotion when you trade in 2 Wii or 2 DS titles.

[quote name='eshbums']No...it's 9+ = $25 extra trade in, that's the max. The info they gave you over the phone is incorrect.[/QUOTE]

Look, I just went in there this weekend and did it!! I had 54 games. The guy did SIX SEPERATE TRANSACTIONS and handed me over 6 $25 coupons = $150.

Now, here's the catch.. you can only use 1 coupon per transaction. What I did was buy 4 Xbox 360 games as SEPERATE TRANSACTIONS and used 1 coupon for each one and used the trade in value I got for the games to make up for the rest.

So yes, it IS a good deal. I turned 54 ps1 and super nintendo crap games into 4 brand new 59.99 xbox 360 games AND i still have $20 in store credit AND 2 $50 coupons I still need to redeem.

I hope this clears it up for everyone.... so NO, there is NO max if your store knows what it's doing.

[quote name='Prepster']Do they take ps1 games with just the cd? Also can I trade in more than 1 copy of the same game?

If anyone knows that would be great since I would love to head over there tomorrow and calling them is useless and they are all pretty useless at the microcenter by me, so any help is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Yes they do on both accounts. I was actually short 1 game and bought a used copy of NCAA 04 and traded it right back in even though I had already traded a copy of it.

And yes I had 4 PS1 games with no instructions and they took them. They even took so promo games that were originally given away free....weird

[quote name='eshbums']The stores that aren't set up for used gaming yet are:

St. Davids, PA
Chicago, IL (The Elston Ave. location)
Tustin, CA
Paterson, NJ

All other locations are participating.

Besides the +5/+10/+25 - through the end of the month there's also a $10 extra promotion when you trade in 2 Wii or 2 DS titles.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I really hope your right and the Cambridge, MA store will take my 9 ps1 and n64 games for $25+ in credit!

[quote name='DJ Samp']Yes they do on both accounts. I was actually short 1 game and bought a used copy of NCAA 04 and traded it right back in even though I had already traded a copy of it.

And yes I had 4 PS1 games with no instructions and they took them. They even took so promo games that were originally given away free....weird[/quote]

can you tell us which games you traded in and how much they gave you for them. thanks!

[quote name='phear3d']can you tell us which games you traded in and how much they gave you for them. thanks![/QUOTE]

uh... i traded in 54 games...lol so i don't know right off the top of my head, but i can maybe give you a "cliff notes" version tonight when i get home

[quote name='DJ Samp']uh... i traded in 54 games...lol so i don't know right off the top of my head, but i can maybe give you a "cliff notes" version tonight when i get home[/quote]

does it say anything on the receipt? you can just take a picture of it or scan it. saves you from typing.

[quote name='phear3d']does it say anything on the receipt? you can just take a picture of it or scan it. saves you from typing.[/QUOTE]

yeah, ill take pics when i get home. i know i got a total of $140 for the 54 games. there were a few xbox and ps2 games, but the most expensive one was a PS1 game that i got $9 for.

overall with trade in value and $25 coupons i got a total of $290

140 trade in + $150 coupons

since they wouldnt let me use more than one coupon per transaction i plan on returning some of the games i bought without a receipt to get store credit and use it with one of the remaining 2 $25 coupons I have left.

If you work this deal right....man, you can come away with a ton on stuff!!

Looking at the fine print, credits are good towards gaming department items only? Would be nice to be able to use the credit on some pc parts.

[quote name='grendel19']Looking at the fine print, credits are good towards gaming department items only? Would be nice to be able to use the credit on some pc parts.[/QUOTE]

I would also like to get someone's opinion on this. Thus far, all of my credit from trading in at Micro Center has been usable on anything in the store...

[quote name='grendel19']Looking at the fine print, credits are good towards gaming department items only? Would be nice to be able to use the credit on some pc parts.[/QUOTE]

I dont have a coupon with me @ work, but Im pretty sure it will work for non games items. I remember my friend looking at it and say, "man, we can get some DVDs if we want!"

The way it looks on the receipt is as a $25.00 discount on whatever item you are buying.

When i bought a 360 game it said:

Madden 08 (or whatver) .......... $59.99
(something) discount .............. - $25.00

Subtotal ................................. $34.99

[quote name='DJ Samp']yeah, ill take pics when i get home. i know i got a total of $140 for the 54 games. there were a few xbox and ps2 games, but the most expensive one was a PS1 game that i got $9 for.

overall with trade in value and $25 coupons i got a total of $290

140 trade in + $150 coupons

since they wouldnt let me use more than one coupon per transaction i plan on returning some of the games i bought without a receipt to get store credit and use it with one of the remaining 2 $25 coupons I have left.

If you work this deal right....man, you can come away with a ton on stuff!![/quote]

yeah youre getting me all excited lol! hopefully ill be able to raise enough to buy a 360, maybe! i did check their website it seems like they have the latest prices on games.

[quote name='chosen1s']I would also like to get someone's opinion on this. Thus far, all of my credit from trading in at Micro Center has been usable on anything in the store...[/QUOTE]

The trade-in credit is good on anything in the store (except buying gift cards).

The coupons you receive with the extra 5/10/25 credit states that it's good on gaming department products only.

You get two pieces of paper on your trade in - a printout of your trade-in credits with a barcode on the bottom, and an additional coupon for 5/10/25 off.

bread's done
Back