Should i be so paranoid about paypal?

Jay

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ok i decided to join paypal and i signed up and gave them my bank account number and debit card number,i used the service once to transfer some funds from an item i sold to someone,then one day i was like im not comfortable with paypal having all out my info so i removed all my information on that account and deleted the account,so now i'm afraid that they will try to charge something to my account,should i be really that paranoid?

[quote name='magiic']I think you should probably throw your pc into the ocean just to be safe[/QUOTE]

Dude i'm serious.

I don't blame you on being paranoid with paypal -- there's a LOT of fraud going on with buyers/sellers taking more money for an item bought online. I signed up on paypal in case I wanted to buy something off of ebay but never did buy anything.

I don't think they'll (they being paypal) will charge you anything for cancelling the account.

[quote name='Mugen']Dude i'm serious.[/QUOTE]
So was he. If you're that paranoid, you may as well. No, you should not be concerned. Paypal is not going to rip you off. They do enough billions, if not trillions, of dollars worth of transactions to not really remotely be concerned with you. I have probably done 10s of thousands of dollars of business both ways through paypal. The only concern you should ever have is a buyer trying to rip you off through paypal, but as long as you have some form of delivery confirmation, that isn't a problem either. You know it's owned by ebay, right?

[quote name='magiic']I think you should probably throw your pc into the ocean just to be safe[/quote]

Nope, a fire pit would be better...:roll:

[quote name='linkpwns']Nope, a fire pit would be better...:roll:[/quote]

i don't know what you're talking about. Burrying it completely with Rocks and boulders should be fine.

My paypal rating is over 1000 and I have been a member for almost 7 years. Not one problem. Just keep changing your password every once in awhile.

[quote name='Mugen']Ok i decided to join paypal and i signed up and gave them my bank account number and debit card number,i used the service once to transfer some funds from an item i sold to someone,then one day i was like im not comfortable with paypal having all out my info so i removed all my information on that account and deleted the account,so now i'm afraid that they will try to charge something to my account,should i be really that paranoid?[/QUOTE]

what are you afraid they're going to charge? ... ohh so that's where those 900 numbers came from, riiiight. :bouncy:

At the very least you could open a secondary checking account at another bank, then you can keep a seperate account for Paypal and a seperate one for all your other business.

Burning and burrying the ashes of your PC might be a viable option, but I think you will be safer if you feed the ashes to hogs like the dude in Snatch.

Seriously though, you have nothing to worry about. It is totally secure.

bread's done
Back