Kids find razor blades in Halloween candy - People really do this?

evilmax17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just saw this on the local news. Apparently somebody put sharp metal pieces into candy bars, and then gave them out to kids on Halloween. I always thought that this was just an old wives' tail, but who knew it actually happened? :shock:

http://wbztv.com/topstories/local_story_305152942.html

(WBZ) LIECESTER, Mass. Metal has been found inside three Leicester kids' Halloween candy, prompting the school district to warn parents to check their children's candy from Wednesday night.

Police said it appears that the metal chars were intentionally placed inside the pieces of candy. No children were injured from the metal pieces.

A Leicester Memorial Elementary school student first found a piece of Halloween candy that had metal inside it, the school's superintendent, Dr. Michael Dubrule, said Thursday. Later, two other sets of parents reported that they also found metal in their pre-schoolers' candy.

"It's a criminal investigation at this time," said Leicester police Chief James Hurley. "It appears that the metal was pushed through the wrapper into the candy. To us, it's indicative that it happened after the candy was packaged."

All three students are from Leicester. The preschoolers attend Leicester Primary School.

The fourth-grader found the tainted candy while she was at school Thursday and handed it over to a teacher. The school then contacted police and sent out a voice notification and a letter to parents around 12:30 p.m. to notify them to check their children's candy from trick-or-treating Wednesday night.

Police said the children had been trick-or-treating in the Henshaw Street area Wednesday night.

Police have descended upon the Henshaw Street area and also around the area of Lillian Drive, trying to find the culprit.

Make sure to check your candy!

Man, someone had a pretty good sketch about this. Something like, back in the day we didn't care about something like that, "Candy, candy, candy, razorblade... nope don't want that, candy...."

I'd like to believe that people aren't this depraved and that this is actually just the kid doing this to be a jackass.

Have any of you seen Night of the Demons? There's a part where an old man puts razor blades inside of some apples to give out as treats. His wife ends up making a pie with the leftovers and feeds it to him. Pretty gruesome stuff.

Oh shit, so I'm the only one that smiled at this news? No one else seen shit like this coming? If people walk into Amish churches and start mowing down people and in Vietnam hookers would put small raxors in their pussies to cut soldiers dicks, but a razor blade in a snickers bar? C'mon. We knew it was gonna happen.

[quote name='Sideshow']Oh shit, so I'm the only one that smiled at this news? No one else seen shit like this coming? If people walk into Amish churches and start mowing down people and in Vietnam hookers would put small raxors in their pussies to cut soldiers dicks, but a razor blade in a snickers bar? C'mon. We knew it was gonna happen.[/quote]
Obviously not... as it was a 100 Grand bar, not a Snickers bar.

Pretty sick, hopefully they can (somehow) get the fucker that did that.

i never found any in my candy growing up but ive heard of it happening. people do fucked up shit we all know that. i cant remember where i was when this happened maybe on the west coast or here on the east coast but some asshole was going ot dog park throwing out poisoned bits of chicken or some kind of meat so dogs would eat it and get sick . a few dogs did die from it and then at another one they were throwing out bits of sharp metal.

some people are just evil and i dont get what youd get out of hurting people or animals but they must get something because you always hear of people doing out there shit like this. to you or me it may sound crazy but it happens more than we know. hell look at the toy recalls from china.

[quote name='Sideshow']Oh shit, so I'm the only one that smiled at this news? No one else seen shit like this coming? If people walk into Amish churches and start mowing down people and in Vietnam hookers would put small raxors in their pussies to cut soldiers dicks, but a razor blade in a snickers bar? C'mon. We knew it was gonna happen.[/quote]

You smiled at that? What the hell is wrong with you??

I'm going to assume you don't have children and cut you some slack.

When I was a kid the local hospital always offered to put kids' candy through an x-ray for free to check for stuff like that. It's messed up what people do.

Knowing it's possible and seeing it coming are two different things. It was possible for 2 planes to blow up the twin towers, but I never thought it was going to happen.

I think you enjoy saying "I told you so" a little too much.

we had a scandal like this in my area back when i was in grade school :whistle2:\ a bunch of kids found tiny pieces of razors in their candy..seriously, wtf is wrong with people..what do they think about when they put this stuff in the damn candy?!

We had it happen down here too. Granted some dumb kid picked up a candy bar off the ground, then got home to find a piece of metal(which turned out to be part of a disposable razor) sticking out of it.

We had the dog one happen up here as well, maybe two summers ago. Also, some asswipe was affixing razorblades to 2x4s and burying them in the sand at the beach.

There's some messed up people in this world.

We threw out about 40 pieces of candy from our kids hauls because of opened/torn wrappers. You just have to do that these days.

Wow, I hadn't heard much lately, I have actually been slacking in this department with my nephews (I took them trick or treating).

This is just scary. Just some sick fucks out there. The bad part is, it's almost impossible to track something like that. If they ever find someone who did this, I wish they'd just put a bullet in the back of their head and be done with it.

I am amazed at how negative people on these board are. Nobody has stopped to think that maybe the person who put the razorblades in there was doing it to be nice and meant it as a treat. I for one know how damn expensive razorblade replacements for my Schick Quatro can be. Its ridiculous, they're like 15 bucks for 8 of em. I would be thanking my lucky stars, incredulous youth.

[quote name='lordxixor101']If they ever find someone who did this, I wish they'd just put a bullet in the back of their head and be done with it.[/quote]

Do people just not understand that it's not okay to suggest that someone be murdered?

I was always taught to check my candy when I was a kid.

I'm not surprised. This happens every year. They should find the persons who did it, hang them from a tree and have the little kids beat them like a pinata to see if treats come out.

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']Do people just not understand that it's not okay to suggest that someone be murdered?[/quote]But it's in defense of helpless kids, so it's ok.;)

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']Do people just not understand that it's not okay to suggest that someone be murdered?[/quote]

Well, the politically correct response would be that we wished people like this didn't exist, provided the story is true.

That being said, it would be ironic if another child was responsible for the blades being in the candy.

people ruin everything, when i see pumpkins smashed I get real pissed, some people work real hard carving them and then some idiots ruin them in a second

What is this about razorblades in Vietnamese snatches? Wouldn't that hurt them too?

[quote name='pittpizza']I am amazed at how negative people on these board are. Nobody has stopped to think that maybe the person who put the razorblades in there was doing it to be nice and meant it as a treat. I for one know how damn expensive razorblade replacements for my Schick Quatro can be. Its ridiculous, they're like 15 bucks for 8 of em. I would be thanking my lucky stars, incredulous youth.[/quote]

I really doubt you're going to last here much longer, which is good I guess if you're going to be busy with your lawyer crap.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']What is this about razorblades in Vietnamese snatches? Wouldn't that hurt them too?[/QUOTE]

Kegels? :lol:

I never figured out how inmates keep razor blades underneath their tongues either.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I really doubt you're going to last here much longer, which is good I guess if you're going to be busy with your lawyer crap.[/QUOTE]

If he was serious, then he's a retard. If he was sarcastic, then it missed its mark for some people.

I think (I might be wrong) he was being sarcastic. Granted, expressions like sarcasm, etc. are hard to express in written form on a forum where readers general glance through posts too quickly to acquire implied meanings or look for proper context. A good reader will look for implied meaning, etc., but sometimes it can be easy to miss. On the other hand, a good communicator will try to be as clear as possible and write in a literal and clear manner.

Back on topic. These days, I think it would be safer to take your kid to the mall for ToT because of douche bags.

I probably could've phrased what I said better. Not smiled at the news of the kids getting razor blades in their candy, but the reaction of the people to the news that kids are getting razor blades in their candy.

bread's done
Back