Is anyone else getting Windows BSOD's since it turned 2008?

neoMAX

CAG Veteran
It's happened on 3 computers of mine running WinXP Home SP2, Win Vista Home Premium, and WinXP Pro SP2.

And it's only started since 08.

Nope, I haven't had any problems. My brother and Dad haven't mentioned any problems to me either, so I'm guessing they haven't had any problems either.

[quote name='ITDEFX']No BSoD here...although I am expecting one of my hard drives to go anytime now :([/QUOTE]

I'm always expecting another hard drive to stop working. I can't even remember the last time I had a BSoD though.

I doubt the problem stems from the year being 2008 rather than something happening to your computer since 2008. And come on, it's been one day.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I'm always expecting another hard drive to stop working. I can't even remember the last time I had a BSoD though.[/quote]

Last time I had a BSOD was when I was running Windows ME on another machine. (It came pre-installed, what a POS that OS was.)

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I'm always expecting another hard drive to stop working. I can't even remember the last time I had a BSoD though.[/QUOTE]

The only time I get a BSoD is when my bios settings reset and SATA detection is set to on and if I go to XP Pro, I get a BSoD. So I have to set it to off (I dunno why) and it works fine.

[quote name='yukine']Last time I had a BSOD was when I was running Windows ME on another machine. (It came pre-installed, what a POS that OS was.)[/QUOTE]

Oh please don't remind me of that Monstrosity :(

I just find it strange that it happens the same on my Vista box as it does on my XP box RIGHT after new year's.

It's the user.idiot.2008 virus.

Meh, if I'm going to do a mean joke I guess I should try to make it funny next time.

bread's done
Back