80GB PS3's anywhere?

no way you will find a 80gb's ps3... you can maybe look for a used one i hope the mgs's bundle is goin to come with a 120gb's ps3 :)

Where in Canada do you guys live ?

I've seen quite a few near at my local best buy/ futureshop.

Also you might want to advise your friend to wait until the MGS4 bundle is released because that way he will get a Dualshock3 even and save some money.

I am in NS. He is in Calgary.

He is the guy that game companies market to. Buys a handful of games a year; buys madden, nhl, gh, gta, other than that his purchases are random; has no idea what upcoming releases are, doesn't read review scores; has a lot of disposable income, no kids, just turned 30, knows he need blu-ray, but not really sure why other than he knows it is good for his big Aquos.

I'll mention that he check zellers, and superstore thanks for the tip. (I am sure he will go to FS and BB anways).

I did mention the upcoming MGS bundle to him. I am not sure he even knew what MGS was... and not sure if he noticed that I mentioned that I had noted that the MGS bundle would rumble.

It was really hard not to inundate him with details, as I tried to explain the presence of 4 different models.

I think I gave him enough facts, I'll let him decide. I will mention zellers to him.

~S

I would also say to wait for the msg4 bundle unless he absolutely has to have it now. not just for the game, but for the new controller too.

One thing I think people aren't realizing with the new controllers is that battery life will be greatly reduced. It's one of the reasons Nintendo decided not to include it with the wavebird. So unless rumble is absolutely paramount to you, it may not be worth it getting the DS3 (I actually find rumble rather annoying, but to each their own). Anyway just thought I'd throw that out there.

[quote name='imcrazy']One thing I think people aren't realizing with the new controllers is that battery life will be greatly reduced. It's one of the reasons Nintendo decided not to include it with the wavebird. So unless rumble is absolutely paramount to you, it may not be worth it getting the DS3 (I actually find rumble rather annoying, but to each their own). Anyway just thought I'd throw that out there.[/quote]

No. Battery life is fine. Of course it's less than the Sixaxis, but no where near terrible.

I own a DS3, and battery life is not really an issue. I still get 10+ hours on it. It has built in lithium, so it is not like I am filling a landfill with AA's. Also, the rumble on the DS3 is much more subtle than my xbox180, ps2, or 360. Some people complain about subtly, but I find that it still gets the point across without bing a catalyst for sore joints :)

~S

The dualshock 3's battery life is good. It will last a solid 10-15 hours or more on a single charge. It doesn't use conventional batteries; it uses lithium ion ones which are rechargeable using a USB chord right out of the box the same way the sixaxxis charges.

If you own a Nintendo Wii I would recommend getting battery charger and rechargeable batteries because the wiimote eats through batteries like there's no tomorrow.

The drawback with the Dualshock 3 is that the design hasn't changed much, and the force
feedback is noticeably weaker than the PS2's dualshock 2.

I would have preferred the boomerang prototype controllers Sony had originally intended to release instead because they like they would be ideal for bigger sized hands.

[quote name='X-Factor']I would have preferred the boomerang prototype controllers Sony had originally intended to release instead because they like they would be ideal for bigger sized hands.[/quote]
And the ability to murder your friends in cold blood should they beat you in a game. Much like the 360 power brick's natural ability to be used as a very effective blunt instrument of death.... 8-[

bread's done
Back