Lumines now on steam + 10% off through the 25th

Archon29

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Linky

"Lumines, the critically acclaimed music-based puzzle game created by Tetsuya Mizuguchi, is available now via Steam for as low as $9.95 for the Base Pack. The Base Pack contains 21 unlockable skins in Challenge Mode, Skin Edit Mode and a sampling of Time Attack, Puzzle and Mission modes. For a greater challenge, the Advance Pack is available for $7.95 and includes another 21 skins in Challenge Mode, 70 mind-bending puzzles in Puzzle Mode and 35 quick-thinking, fast-moving stages in Mission Mode. The Base and Advance Pack may be purchased together for just $14.95.

An additional 10% is taken off at the time of purchase between now and Friday, April 25th."

Sounds like the advance pack is the way to go, and at $13.50 that's a pretty sweet deal. Especially for those of us who don't own a PSP. I'm wondering exactly what we're getting though, since there has been the original PSP release, Lumines + for the PS2, and a stripped down version for XBLA.

I see absolutely no point in getting this through Steam or even XBL. You can find the PS2 version for around $5-$10.

[quote name='Rozz']I see absolutely no point in getting this through Steam or even XBL. You can find the PS2 version for around $5-$10.[/QUOTE]

True...assuming you have a PS2 or PS3...

[quote name='Rozz']I see absolutely no point in getting this through Steam or even XBL. You can find the PS2 version for around $5-$10.[/QUOTE]

I have Lumines on the PSP, PS2, and XBL.

I GREATLY prefer lumines on XBL. Not everyone has a game console, so this may spread lumines even more.

The PSP version is the best IMO. When I had a 360 I downloaded the demo, and the controls really sucked with the 360 controller.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']The PSP version is the best IMO. When I had a 360 I downloaded the demo, and the controls really sucked with the 360 controller.[/quote]

Xbox D-pads are hit or miss. I have one controller that I can play Lumines very effectively with and another controller that makes the game unplayable.

The PS2 version is fantastic. My girlfriend and I have each put in over 25 hrs into this game, and I consider it one of the top 5 games on the PS2.

I would never pay for a Steam or XBLA version because then you're reliant on an Internet connection, you don't have the cool shiny packaging, and you have to back it up yourself. Lame!

[quote name='Gamelore']The PS2 version is fantastic. My girlfriend and I have each put in over 25 hrs into this game, and I consider it one of the top 5 games on the PS2.

I would never pay for a Steam or XBLA version because then you're reliant on an Internet connection, you don't have the cool shiny packaging, and you have to back it up yourself. Lame![/QUOTE]

Why would you have to back it up yourself?

On steam, I download it...and if I need the game again, I just download it again. No questions asked. Same thing on XBL. I don't need to be physically on the internet to play these games.

Suit yourself. The XBL and steam version is superior to the Lumines Plus version.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, as the above poster said, you don't need to back anything up, nor do you need to be connected to the internet. 0-2.[/quote]

You don't both need Internet and have to maintain the data yourself. It's one and/or the other. Either case sucks in a post-apocalyptic world w/ no Internet :p

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, as the above poster said, you don't need to back anything up, nor do you need to be connected to the internet. 0-2.[/quote]

And what if you don't own a computer entirely? Then this version is worthless...

2-0.

And what if you don't own a computer entirely? Then this version is worthless...

2-0.
Wow...on a scale of 1 to 10, how delusional are you? If this was 1989, your comment might actually mean something. But thanks for playing.

All this aside, how is the PC version? I don't own a psp or 360, and it's more convenient for me to play it on a PC than a PS2. Can you use a controller? How much is there content-wise compared to the ps2 version?

I'm thinking about gifting this game.

As with the above poster, can someone please give a review of this port? Preferably before the sale ends so I can get the deal.

I have bought it and i think its fun.
You can use the 360 controller , mouse or keyboard.

The 360 controller way is kind of slow even with the analog sticks . Just lacks precision

There's a demo up on Steam right now and its basically the full version with a lot of stuff locked.

bread's done
Back