The helmet Anakin wore while podracing in Star Wars Episode I.

djkunai

Banned
A guy I know has it and asked me how much it's worth.

I figured I'd slap it on eBay with a high reserve and see what it goes for.

Any other ideas as to how to find it's value?

I did a google search and all I could find was either light sabers or stuff people bought and didn't bother mentioning how much it cost them. You have a pretty good idea , I would just go with that

[quote name='djkunai']A guy I know has it and asked me how much it's worth.

I figured I'd slap it on eBay with a high reserve and see what it goes for.

Any other ideas as to how to find it's value?[/quote]

How do you know it's the real deal? I demand pictures!!!!

id imagine this is one of those things you really cant gauge a price on before hand. the is being able to prove its the one from the movie, if you can do that i bet it would fetch a pretty decent price.

Funny story.

The original Yavin IV medals from the original trilogy were a perfect example of what people voiced in earlier posts. Many of the medals from the original trilogy went missing after filming, lost and stolen. Unfortunately, without some sort of authenticity they never reached large sale prices. Only a few of the medals have replicas made and, iirc, they were purchased from a third party... and had to get authenticated by lucasfilms ltd.

As far as this helmet. If you have some sort of authentication, then yes... your idea is wonderful. There are many fans who will pay a nice price to get it. If there's no authentication except for the seller's word... don't expect it to sell for a lot because (as stated above) there have been various replicas of this helmet. It should also be mentioned... that it would probably not be best market it as authentic unless there's some type of documentation... because you could open yourself to legal problems :)

Yeah it's like the basketball I have that is signed by Shaquille O'Neal. I don't have pictures or anything to prove he signed it, and no one will take me at just my word, so I'm pretty much stuck with it forever. Not that I hate it or anything, but even though it's a collectible to me it's not really worth anything.

bread's done
Back