MLB 2K8 $19.99
NBA 08 $29.99

:psp:
Final Fantasy I $19.99
Final Fantasy II $19.99
MLB 2K8 $19.99
NBA 08 $29.99

Thanks for the info Neo.

I'm still debating Assassin's Creed as almost everyone I know has a completely different opinion of it.

[quote name='psunami']Thanks for the info Neo.

I'm still debating Assassin's Creed as almost everyone I know has a completely different opinion of it.[/QUOTE]

Its a fun game but very repetitive. I bought it when it first came out and I have beaten it yet but with all the good games out there right now and if you're like most cags you have a big back lot of games to play anyway so if I were you I'd wait till it has another price drop!!

Still can't believe Squeenix charged so much for FFI and FFII remakes on PSP. Sure they added new visuals and cut down on load times, but for people who already have Origins on PS1 (which I do) or Dawn of Souls for GBA, it has horrible value since you pay twice as much.

[quote name='snatcher33']I want MLB 2K8, but not for $39.99. It has to drop to at least $29.99 before I bite.[/QUOTE]

I'd go as high as 7.99...

Thanks NEO.

Nothing for me this go around. I have that CC itch and I am hoping that we get another good drop here soon.

Was there a July clearance yet?
I didn't make it to CC to check yet and won't be near one till Monday.

And personally I had fun with Assassins Creed. Crazy story.
Working on the ever tedious collecting 100's of things for achievement points.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Was there a July clearance yet?
I didn't make it to CC to check yet and won't be near one till Monday.

And personally I had fun with Assassins Creed. Crazy story.
Working on the ever tedious collecting 100's of things for achievement points.[/quote]

No July clearance yet (unless you mean CC stock, people probably can't get rid of that fast enough).

Assassin's Creed is worth playing through, however it gets very repetitive very fast. I would suggest just renting it, as you can easily blow through the game in a weekend. Or if you MUST buy it, go to gamefly.com and get it from there, I think it's only $17.99 if you don't mind it being used.

Edit: Looks like they took it down from the sales on gamefly.com. It's been up there for a while so I'm not surprised, but it might pop back up if they get more copies back from customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
CC is too busy trying to drive themselves into complete financial ruin to compile a list.

Seriously, I'm not sure. This is the first time since 2004 that they haven't done some kind of clearance at the beginning of July.

I say we boycott CC to hasten their imminent demise. That store sucks so much ass they deserve to all close down. When was the last time you had a good experience at CC?

(Plus, going out of business sale would be sweet.)

I'd agree on Assassin's Creed being repetitive, but I'm still enjoying it; I find it's best playing a few hours here and there rather than all at once. Then again I picked it up for 22.95 at Game Crazy a month ago (used). I'd recommend looking for a used copy that's 15-20 bucks if possible. At that price you wouldn't be too upset if you didn't like it.

I guess $30 for Assassins is still a bit much, but I'm still undecided about which version to get. And yes I even seen that bad gametrailers comparison test. Hopefully gamefly gets more copies back in or i might just buy it used locally.

[quote name='confoosious']

(Plus, going out of business sale would be sweet.)[/quote]

The CompUSA closings were a big fuck You to the customers for not shopping with them.

So I expect huge markups, small percentage off's that takes weeks to flush out and most of the good stuff picked clean before it his 50-75% if CC does this.

[quote name='ITDEFX']The CompUSA closings were a big fuck You to the customers for not shopping with them. [/quote]

The only CompUSA near me was in what I could consider the worst possible location. Within 1/2 mile there were 3 Gamestops (2 inside a mall & 1 outside), a Circuit City, a K-Mart, a Target, and a Best Buy. It was a shame to see it shut down, but it was a pain in the fuck to get there and they rarely had any good sales/promotions.

The problem was until the final national clearance at CompUSA (not the going out of business sale, the one with lists of clearance items for each store on their webpage), all CompUSA clearance was YMMV like Walmart and Best Buy so some stores had awesome deals, others were horrible. My local one was awesome, God of War for $10.99 when the MSRP was $49.99, lots of various PSP games for $12.49 when they were $39.99 to $49.99 elsewhere etc.

bread's done
Back