does anyone notice that ...

soriku

CAGiversary!
does anyone notice that Offline multiplayer is disappearing? Both Grand Theft Auto and and Burnout had offline multiplayer in the past, but their latest games have no offline multiplayer mode.I can somewhat understand gta4 but there is no reason why Burnout Paradise and Motorstorm shouldn't have offline multiplayer.they are racing games for crying out loud.

Splitting a screen isn't fun, not at all.
Figure it this way, splitting a 32 inch TV four ways means each person then has an 8-Inch screen.
Not exactly ideal.

However, fighting games, or any other games that don't require split-screen play, have no reason to not have offline multiplayer.

And isn't the Wii all about the offline multiplayer?

I can't remember the last game I played offline multiplayer on, it was probably MK: Double Dash on GC years ago.

I can remember the last I didn't buy though cos it only had offline co-op, that was Lego Indiana Jones.

Last edited by a moderator:
fucking love split screen multipayer and my roommates and i are always pissed when we find out a game we like doesn't have it. there's nothing like talking shit to the person next to you or having the fear of switching off the controller if you get your ass kicked. Smash with 4 real people in the living > smash online.

I have noticed that, and it saddens me. On holidays and such, me, my brother, and my cousins all usually play some 360. My pops has a 50" TV, and my cousin's dad has a 52" (always has to one up my pop :) ), so playing 4 people on 1 TV isn't so bad (that is basically a 25" or 26" TV for each person), but i have played 4 people on my 27" TV, and it wasn't so bad. A bit small, but we delt.

Point is, we like offline multiplayer, and it sucks that the devs keep taking it out...

[quote name='linkpwns']
Figure it this way, splitting a 32 inch TV four ways means each person then has an 8-Inch screen.[/quote]

Not quite right. TVs are measured across the screen diagonally. Think top left corner to bottom right. Games that have 4 player split screen action have 4 equally sized screens, one in each corner, so each player actually would have a 16" screen (2 screens diagonally, 2 diagonals). I agree with you that it isn't ideal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it sucks.

Few things are more fun that playing a good multiplayer game with a friend and pounding some beers. That was my 4th of July this year in fact. Pounded beers and plowed through Gears of War in hardcore in split screen coop with my buddy.

Split screen is fine with 2 players, especially on a 50" TV. Very disappointing that games like CoD4, Crackdown etc. don't have split screen coop. Playing online with friends is nice, but it's great to have the option to do split screen as well.

offline multiplayer???? was is this 2003????? LOL j/k

I just think that offline MP is not a major consideration like it used to be.

Wii is the offline MP console this gen

bread's done
Back