Jesse Jackson wants to cut off Obama's nuts.

RAMSTORIA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aLGkFpsdHo[/MEDIA]

[quote name='New York Post'] WASHINGTON - In a vulgar tirade caught on tape by Fox News, the Rev. Jesse Jackson said he wanted to "cut his [Barack Obama's] nuts off" and he accused the fellow Chicagoan of "talking down to black folks" by giving moral lectures to African-Americans, source said.

Jackson's shocking quotes were picked up by a hot mic before an interview on health care in Fox's Chicago studio last Sunday.

Fox planned to air the recording on Bill O'Reilly's "The Factor" show.

In an effort to blunt the controversy, Jackson issued an apology.

"For any harm or hurt that this hot mic conversation may have caused, I apologize," Jackson said in a statement.

Jackson said he couldn't recall everything he'd said in the studio but couched the remarks as part of a discussion about Obama speaking to black churchgoers.

In such settings, Obama has urged greater emphasis on fatherhood, advised parents to choose reading books over playing video games and most recently told young students to stick with school and forget about a career as a rap star or professional basketball player.

Jackson said that in doing so Obama was hurting his relationship with black voters, "that the senator was cutting off his you-know-whats with the black people and black churches."

Jackson told CNN that he called the Obama campaign to apologize and reiterated his support for the campaign of the first black nominee of a major party.

"My support for Senator Obama's campaign is wide, deep and unequivocal," he said in his statement. "I cherish this redemptive and historical moment."

Obama had no comment.[/QUOTE]

I know people want to stir controversy, see host in clip (and maybe I do since I'm posting this in here), but I think it's funny.

Blurbs I have heard and read won't mention what Jesse the Race-Hustler said. If a right-winger would have said that, it'd be on an endless loop all over the TV.

It isn't the first time Jesse Jackson talked directly out of his ass.

The funny thing is some fool on CNN said JJ's comments were taken out of context. :roll:

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I want to see how people spin this to somehow blame it on O'Reilly and Fox News.[/QUOTE]

Of course. Just waiting. This has to be Fox's fault somehow, those dirty scheming pricks.

To add to this, a quote on the front of Drudge Report from O'Reilly, in response to those accusing him of trying to take down Jackson.

O'REILLY: 'We held back some of this conversation... we didn't feel it had any relevance to the conversation this evening. We are not out to get Jesse Jackson. We are not out to embarrass him and we are not out to make him look bad. If we were, we would have used what we had, which is more damaging than what you have heard'...

[quote name='thrustbucket']Of course. Just waiting. This has to be Fox's fault somehow, those dirty scheming pricks.

To add to this, a quote on the front of Drudge Report from O'Reilly, in response to those accusing him of trying to take down Jackson.[/QUOTE]

awww, now i want to see that tape

I need to pay closer attention next time. Whatever. It'll probably come out sooner or later. Everything does.

Something doesn't add up. That's not the sort of thing you say while mic'd by ANY new organization, or even in public.

Y'know, we can only imagine how most politicians talk behind closed doors (I always imagined Paul Simon was the most vulgar Senator for some reason; the bow tie, perhaps?) - and they get so far in their careers for having few "public moments."

And, while I'm not going to say "it's taken out of context," I will say that what little is shown is incoherent and doesn't make much sense in the absence of what was omitted. I would like to see the whole video for context; not to justify what Jackson said (what justification could there be?), but so that what he's saying may make some sense.

I also laugh, spittake, laugh again, and point at you all thinking "WTF?!?!?!" if you believe that FOX withheld footage that was MORE damaging to Jackson. That makes you all beyond marks, man.

EDIT: Plus, NYP calls that a "tirade?" Given Jackson's demeanor compared with, say, O'Reilly's typical demeanor, I don't see how anyone can call what he said a "tirade." But, hey, it's just the same old news company that's just like all the rest (;)) sexing up the news, taking a whispered series of bitchy sentences and making it into a "tirade." I see more passion on roll call votes on C-Span.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some blacks need to be lectured and made to understand that there are more career options than being a gangsta.

Just like some white people need to be told that NASCAR is not "God's Sport".

Idiots need to be talked down to, it's a fact of life, and if they become angry over the words spoken to them, hopefully it'll encourage them to pull themselves out of that shitstain of ignorance they've been wallowing in since childhood.

Call it elitism if you want. People need to stop thinking it's ok to be an idiot for life, pump out a baby or five, and then fade away into history, forgotten and never missed.

You should always expect better of yourselves, regardless you're homeless or on top of the world.

~HotShotX

i like how al sharpton was on all the shows yesterday, probably will be today.

[quote name='mykevermin']

I also laugh, spittake, laugh again, and point at you all thinking "WTF?!?!?!" if you believe that FOX withheld footage that was MORE damaging to Jackson. That makes you all beyond marks, man.

[/QUOTE]

oh im sure if he said anything worse than that fox would have shown it. i just want to see the video. it sounds entertaining.

[quote name='mykevermin']

[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I dunno. I am trying to put myself in FoxNews position (insert your favorite anti-con joke here). It really depends on what else he said, but I think I would be careful about letting some things out.

It comes down to this: Did he say stuff that was WORSE than what was leaked? Or did they leak the worst?

There are arguments for both, obviously. But I kind of lean towards the latter, given Fox's track record. Likely, if they released the "rest" it would probably still be shitty and make him look dumb, but it would risk making Fox look silly for making a big deal out of an entire private conversation that's ultimately meaningless.

Who knows though.

Here's how I see it playing out:

- The unedited footage will get leaked onto the internet
- A lot of people will see it
- Fox will see no harm in putting the full intereview on TV

That's how a lot of leaks work. When it rains, it pours. Fox does do stupid things, but can you say if this was MSNBC or CNN doing this interview, this same video wouldn't have gotten leaked? It's the age we live in. Even if something is cut, it somehow manages to get its' time in the spotlight.

I remember when Jackson was making disparging remarks about jews in the 80's during his presidential run. I stopped taking him seriously then and I haven't taken him seriously now...

Why is everyone upset about the cutting out of the nuts part of his comments? He's entitled to his opinion.

I'm more concerned about the "talking down to black people" remark as the thing to get upset about. Mr. Jackson is an expert at talking down to black people and probably is offended that someone is moving in on his turf.

And in a suprising turn of events, Al Sharpton's comments on the matter actually bordered on intelligent and apropos.

[quote name='bmulligan']Why is everyone upset about the cutting out of the nuts part of his comments? He's entitled to his opinion.

I'm more concerned about the "talking down to black people" remark as the thing to get upset about. Mr. Jackson is an expert at talking down to black people and probably is offended that someone is moving in on his turf.

And in a suprising turn of events, Al Sharpton's comments on the matter actually bordered on intelligent and apropos.[/quote]

Wishing to assault another man's genitals isn't an opinion.

Besides, the majority of my community needs a good talking to as far as I am concerned.

Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton are the 2 biggest attention whores on the planet.

And I'm not trying to be racist, but I'm pretty sure they qualify as coons now.

[quote name='anomynous']And I'm not trying to be racist, but I'm pretty sure they qualify as coons now.[/quote]

What?

I don't think I'll ever understand how people say such stupid things.

They both make black people look bad......

Its just my opinion, they are not helping black people get farther in the country. They dont advance them, they set them back.

They say stupid ass comments(as Im sure most of you will consider this) just to get on the news. They both bitch about racism and the white man keeping them down, yet are two of the biggest racists around.

[quote name='anomynous']They both make black people look bad......

Its just my opinion, they are not helping black people get farther in the country. They dont advance them, they set them back.

They say stupid ass comments(as Im sure most of you will consider this) just to get on the news. They both bitch about racism and the white man keeping them down, yet are two of the biggest racists around.[/quote]

That's understandable, but doesn't make it any less racist to call them coons.

Why not? Those 2 have done more to set BACK race relations than any other African American people. They are both garbage in my opinion. Kinda makes sense, since they are both "Reverend's"

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Why not? Those 2 have done more to set BACK race relations than any other African American people. They are both garbage in my opinion. Kinda makes sense, since they are both "Reverend's"[/quote]

You are a Coon

[quote name='Theduck']You are a Coon[/quote]What the hell is your problem with me? How about instead of insulting me, you tell me why I am wrong? Please, enlighten us on how Jesse and Al aren't complete racist morons? Or are you too cool and hip to do so?

It's irrelevant what they've done. Nothing they can do would legitimize using a racist insult against them. A million other insults, sure.

[quote name='SpazX']It's irrelevant what they've done. Nothing they can do would legitimize using a racist insult against them. A million other insults, sure.[/quote]
I like the assumption that, just calling them something racist automatically labels you a racist. Words mean absolutely nothing if they don't have context. I could recite every racist word in the english language, if they aren't directed at anyone and have no context, they mean nothing. But of course, I am sure someone, and I won't name who, but we all know, will come in here and say, subconciously, you're still a racist for using them. Racists deserve to feel as bad as possible, and if that calls for using racist slurs against them, then why not?

Well if you can tell me how this:

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Words mean absolutely nothing if they don't have context. I could recite every racist word in the english language, if they aren't directed at anyone and have no context, they mean nothing.[/quote]

Is in any way related to this:

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I like the assumption that, just calling them something racist automatically labels you a racist.[/quote]

Then you deserve some kind of bad logic medal.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Racists deserve to feel as bad as possible, and if that calls for using racist slurs against them, then why not?[/quote]

Because that would be....racist?

I don't understand the justification for using racist slurs unless your intention is racist. You can't just act like words don't have meanings and so you can say a racist word and suddenly it's not racist and doesn't imply that the person who uses it is racist.

Do you believe a certain race of people are naturally inferior?

No? Then using racist slurs makes no sense.

Yes? Then you are racist and using racist slurs makes sense.

[quote name='SpazX']Well if you can tell me how this:

Is in any way related to this:

Then you deserve some kind of bad logic medal.

Because that would be....racist?

I don't understand the justification for using racist slurs unless your intention is racist. You can't just act like words don't have meanings and so you can say a racist word and suddenly it's not racist and doesn't imply that the person who uses it is racist.

Do you believe a certain race of people are naturally inferior?

No? Then using racist slurs makes no sense.

Yes? Then you are racist and using racist slurs makes sense.[/quote]Have you ever said something to someone, where, you say things you don't mean, but you say it for a reason? Exactly what that turd TheDuck showed in this very thread. Do you actually think he is racist by calling me a Coon? No, but he used the word to make me feel bad. Racist words are the best at making people feel bad, therefore, that's why some people use them.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Have you ever said something to someone, where, you say things you don't mean, but you say it for a reason? Exactly what that turd TheDuck showed in this very thread. Do you actually think he is racist by calling me a Coon? No, but he used the word to make me feel bad. Racist words are the best at making people feel bad, therefore, that's why some people use them.[/quote]

He was being sarcastic or asinine. He wasn't saying it to actually hurt you in the way the word is used, and it only works on the assumption that the word doesn't really apply.

I can accept that someone would use a racist slur to hurt someone of the race it actually applies to and not actually be racist - they're simply immature/ignorant/etc. It's still not a positive thing.

Wow. This thread went to hell and even, after consulting hell, agreed that y'all went beyond that.

I'm ashamed for the majority of you. Particularly those who are capable of better arguments than bland, sourceless talking points about how Jackson and Sharpton are the real racists, yet it's perfectly fine to bandy about the word "coon" and claim to not be racist.

On that note, I'm going to go eat some chicken and talk about my vegetarian ways.

I think Stuck Mojo said it best in their spoken word song, An Open Letter:

An open letter to the Rev. Jesse Jackson

We, the members of the Mojo family,
feel that your actions and retoric as a self professed leader
of the black community are in fact detrimental to the very
people you claim to represent.
We also feel that as a result you do much to undermind the well-being
and harmony of the United States as a whole. You kind of work for
the advancement of the black community and you speak from a position
that the black population cannot advance itself socialy, politically
or economically because an immovable object, the white establishment,
forever blocks its path
Yet you preach further support such as welfare and affirmative action
that put members of the population in a position of dependancy and
reliance on the establishment
You bask in the glow of the media spot light, you passionately decree
that racism and prejudice are alive today as they were four hundred
years ago, but does this do anything to reverse it's effect?
No one with the intellegence will deny that a great atrocity was commited
against the black race at the hands of white settlers of this country,
but a wound cannot heal if it is continuously re-opened
That is to say, that it will heal but it will take much longer and the
scar it leaves will be grotesque and raise high on the skin
A true leader leads by example and the example you have shown is not one
of stregnth of character, self-reliance, commentment to excellence or
personal accountability
It's these traits that are necessary to advace oneself as an individual
It is only as strong curagous and moral individuals that any race can
live the quality of life that it chooses
We give our deepest respect to the true leaders:
Alan Keys, J.C. Watts, Tony Brown, and Dr. Walter Williams
Men who never deny their heritege but are proud to be first and
foremost a part of the human race

[quote name='anomynous']Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton are the 2 biggest attention whores on the planet.

And I'm not trying to be racist, but I'm pretty sure they qualify as coons now.[/quote]

Sweet, I have a shotgun and a CoonHound, let's go. :bouncy:

Seriously though. Jesse Jackson runs around claiming to help the black people, but is really just looking for some way to make comments about white people. If there is anybody on this planet who is more racist, please tell me who.

On top of that, whenever something happens to a black person, Jesse Jackson is the first one there, calling some poor white dude names, and accusing them of this or that and demanding apologies. But when it turns out Jesse was wrong, he offers no such apologies. (Case and point, Duke Lacrosse Players.)

I get entertained by watching Jesse make a complete idiot out of himself.

[quote name='anomynous']Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton are the 2 biggest attention whores on the planet.

And I'm not trying to be racist, but I'm pretty sure they qualify as coons now.[/quote]

:whistle2:s

Well, since coon only has racist connotations, I really have no idea what you were trying to achieve by saying that.

All you had to say is that they are jackasses, which they tend to be more often than not.

[quote name='Access_Denied']If there is anybody on this planet who is more racist, please tell me who.[/quote]

[quote name='Access_Denied']Sweet, I have a shotgun and a CoonHound, let's go. :bouncy:[/quote]

[quote name='Access_Denied']Not to start anything or sound racist, but that's how black people are. I go to a black person's house in the winter, and I see them wearing nothing but boxers, with the heat on 90, and the window open to create a breeze.[/QUOTE]

I have to go back two decades to get to Jackson's "hymietown" comment, his most flagrantly racist remark on air. I have to go back to SUNDAY OF THIS WEEK to see you do so twice.

So you tell me, given the posts you make, how dare *you* have the audacity to make the posts you do and try to claim another person is racist? At all, let alone a sentence or two after suggesting you're going to get your "coonhound" and go hunt down a black person?

On top of that, whenever something happens to a black person, Jesse Jackson is the first one there, calling some poor white dude names, and accusing them of this or that and demanding apologies. But when it turns out Jesse was wrong, he offers no such apologies. (Case and point, Duke Lacrosse Players.)

Which, of course, negates everything he's ever done. I'm no fan, at all, of modern America's ability to apologize for its fuck ups. But let's be honest; you're using this as a convenient after-the-fact patchwork excuse to make it look like you decided you hated Jackson after a well-reasoned debate session with yourself, as opposed to deciding that you hated the guy and then building your case after the fact.

Case *in* point: the fact that you suggest he can't apologize when he's wrong, and only being able to cite one incidence of that, carries with it the implication that he is more often than not right and justified in what he says/does (otherwise his need for apologies would be all-encompassing and mundane). But you can't bring yourself to give him credit for anything, as you are too busy attacking him.

I get entertained by watching Jesse make a complete idiot out of himself.

Funny you should mention that...

[quote name='mykevermin']I have to go back two decades to get to Jackson's "hymietown" comment, his most flagrantly racist remark on air.[/QUOTE]

On the air, maybe - but he's been quoted other times with anti-Jew comments.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Who do you suppose is better for the black community? Rev Jackson or Bill Cosby?[/QUOTE]

Soulja Boy

bread's done
Back