Gamestop System Deals

IOnceWasLegend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey, all; I saw this today at Gamestop, and--though I'm not quite sure when they start (I think they might have already)--here's the systemwide deals on used systems for sale. All the items you buy with the system must be used, and it includes first party items.

Used PS2 (large or slim), one wired controller, two games $9.99 or less, one 8MB memory card: $99.99

Used Gamecube, one wired controller, one memory card (any size!), two games $9.99 or less: $39.99 (I'm biting on this one!)

Used Xbox 360 (no HDD), two games $29.99 or less: $199.99

There was also, I believe, an Xbox deal, but it escapes me at the moment. I'll post later when I remember.

The xbox came with a wireless controller and two games, and the price escapes me as well, I also saw confirmation of the 360 Pro holiday bundles, which will include Lego Indiana Jones and King Fu Panda, for the same price as the non bundled edition, so hold off on pro purchases for a while. My store starting Wednesday is running a +30$ on traded hw, so I'm trading in my PSP in preparation for the PSP-3000

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Decent deal on the GC. If you get the phatty 1012 memory card and a couple of decent games, that's very biteable.[/quote]

Yeah, gotta agree. I am somewhat regretting selling my GC earlier this year, so I might have to get in on this deal.

[quote name='stoned99']The xbox came with a wireless controller and two games, and the price escapes me as well, I also saw confirmation of the 360 Pro holiday bundles, which will include Lego Indiana Jones and King Fu Panda, for the same price as the non bundled edition, so hold off on pro purchases for a while. My store starting Wednesday is running a +30$ on traded hw, so I'm trading in my PSP in preparation for the PSP-3000[/quote]

What is the trade in for PSP now?

Definitely getting a Gamecube, never had one last gen. What games to pick up though? Especially since they have to be under 10 bucks...

[quote name='gotrice415510']wasnt the ps2 deal 4 games and not 2 that had to be traded in?[/quote]

You're confusing this with the trade-in deal. These deals are for buying used systems.

I only have a PS3 so I never paid attention to X360's, but can someone nice enough give me a brief explanation of the X360?

It says no HDD, so meaning the uh "Arcade" version of the X360? Is it that important for the X360 to have a HDD to play games? I think I heard X360 games don't have installs, right? So that means the only way to save is for me to buy a memory card? If the only means is to buy a memory card and it wouldn't affect my gaming experience with the console, I wouldn't mind getting this deal. Thanks so much in advance for helping me out.

bit on the gamecube deal, got the phat memory card, a wavebird (they had run out of wired controlers :) ) and a spongebob and tony hawk game for the daughter, she been bugging the poop outta me for animal crossing again, so i got that too, all for 60 bux :)

[quote name='silliemutafuka']I only have a PS3 so I never paid attention to X360's, but can someone nice enough give me a brief explanation of the X360?

It says no HDD, so meaning the uh "Arcade" version of the X360? Is it that important for the X360 to have a HDD to play games? I think I heard X360 games don't have installs, right? So that means the only way to save is for me to buy a memory card? If the only means is to buy a memory card and it wouldn't affect my gaming experience with the console, I wouldn't mind getting this deal. Thanks so much in advance for helping me out.[/quote]

Well, the main reasons you would want a hard drive are a) to get downloadable content and b) to install games.

a) Besides games and movies, there are also a lot of add-ons in this generation of gaming. It's something most people get into, and a memory card really won't cut it.

b) Yes, right now, you can't install games to the 360 hard drive, but that feature is coming soon. I just upgraded the size of my HDD, so that I can extend the life of my disc drive.

[quote name='hitmandls2']Has anyone confirmed this deal? My Gamestop in Warren, MI had no idea about the sale.[/quote]

Tell them to read the Store Informer; it was mentioned yesterday, I think, and should have started already. And yes, it's confirmed, as I've seen the signage at GS for it.

It's also worth noting that you can't download large game demos with no hard drive, so no try before you buy.

picked up a slim PS2 for $100 + 8mb memcard + extra dualshock + suikoden 3 (they let me get $20 equivalent instead of 2 $10 games). Wouldn't have known about this deal if it weren't for CAG.

does any1 know the best games for gamecube under $9.99 from gamestop list. I think Metroid and Soul Calibur were the only ones that were worthy enough.

Anyone Know the trade in value for the PSP fat? I'm looking at the 360 bundle deal and I want to take advantage of the "$20 Extra Hardware Trade Bonus" deal. There are a couple of PS3 game I want to trade in for the "Trade 2 for an Extra $10" Deal also.

[quote name='yanks1']Anyone Know the trade in value for the PSP fat? I'm looking at the 360 bundle deal and I want to take advantage of the "$20 Extra Hardware Trade Bonus" deal. There are a couple of PS3 game I want to trade in for the "Trade 2 for an Extra $10" Deal also.[/QUOTE]

I want to know the same thing, except I want to trade in my psp fat for the new PSP-3000. The coupon I found was $30 extra trade-in at gamestop. Hope it still works!!!

I traded in an old PS2 (FAT) with 1 controller, memory card, cables and network adapter for $50.

Picked up a Gamecube with 2 controllers (1new) memory card, and
2 games, Luigi Mansion and Starfox for 39.99.

Great Deal, now the kids will have something to play while I am playing Resistance 2, Gears2, MotorStorm 2, MDC:LA, Fable 2, holy crap there are
alot of great games coming.........................

[quote name='pun123']I traded in an old PS2 (FAT) with 1 controller, memory card, cables and network adapter for $50.[/quote]

Oh, man, that breaks my heart. You could have gotten nearly that much for just the network adapter! :whistle2:#

[quote name='InertiaXr']Definitely getting a Gamecube, never had one last gen. What games to pick up though? Especially since they have to be under 10 bucks...[/quote]

exclusives:
Eternal Darkness
Tales of Symphonia
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime II
Mario Kart

non exclusives:
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Godzilla: Destroy all monsters
Lord of the Rings Third Age

[quote name='pun123']How do you get $50 for a network adapter for an old PS2, most people have ps3 now or at least PS2 slim.[/quote]

People who use the old PS2 for homebrew and stuff like that need the network adapter in order to use the hard drive. They go for $40+ eBay.

[quote name='fore1337']Anyone know what the deal is for an Xbox1 ?[/quote]

Xbox + Extra Controller + 2 Games under $9.99 = $59.99

I bought one last night and already softmodded it to use as a media center. It's a pretty good deal, even though I didn't really need the extra controller or the games. I picked up: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath and PoP: Two Thrones for my two games and a clear-green controller.

[quote name='SimaYi']Do the Xbox 360 even have a MS warranty?[/quote]

I'm not sure, but the dude at the counter told me that it had the Game Stop 30 day warranty and the MS RRoD warranty.

My Gamestop had 2 PS2 Network Adapters in stock for 14.99. Is this an oversight on their part or are the discs required for the higher ebay price?

There are a bunch of network adapters on eBay without the disc going for like $50 right now. GS often sells older accessories for less than they are worth on the secondhand market, like how they lump Wavebirds in with 3rd party wirless GC controllers.

is it worth it for a used system Xbox 360 with 2 games or would it be wise to go brand new arcade unit for 199, as mentioned before this is for a unit for the bedroom. already have one in the living room

Don't buy used 360s, especially from GS. That is where everyone dumps their old consoles, many of which are probably already broken or close to dying.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Don't buy used 360s, especially from GS. That is where everyone dumps their old consoles, many of which are probably already broken or close to dying.[/quote]

Spot on...New 360s arcades have HDMIs outs and a memory card you can trade in/sell if you don't need it and will likely run much cooler and quieter than older used one. There will likely be some additional deals (gift cards, get a free game, ect) in the next few weeks (a la the now dead free batman lego deal that Amazon had a few weeks back). Also with a new arcade unit, you have the chance to get a refurbed hard drive from MS for $30 promotion for the new xbox live experience while a used unit from GS might be canniblized pro unit that wouldn't be eligable for that promotion (because it had a hard drive previously).

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']There are a bunch of network adapters on eBay without the disc going for like $50 right now. GS often sells older accessories for less than they are worth on the secondhand market, like how they lump Wavebirds in with 3rd party wirless GC controllers.[/quote]

Sweet gonna go pick them up with the B2G1 sale and be even happier. Thanks!

[quote name='Drkirby']The gamecube deal does look nice... How long is it going to last?[/quote]

Site says 11/01/08

bread's done
Back