Coin-Star eCertificates

I think you can use paper money, but you have to choose paper money OR coins when you begin the process. You can't combine both in the same transaction, I think.

Also, be aware that there is a chance that the CoinStar machine will be unable to connect to the server it needs to in order to assign you a gift certificate code. If that happens you'll just have to accept a coupon for the grocery store that the machine is located in. Probably pretty unlikely, but it's happened to me before (I regularly convert my spare change into Amazon gift certificates).

Thanks I just wanted to know because I don't want to use a credit card online and I haven't been able to find the amazon gift cards anywhere. It kinda sucks you can't use paypal on amazon, but then again paypal is owned by eBay. Thank again for the help.

[quote name='samurai388']Thanks I just wanted to know because I don't want to use a credit card online and I haven't been able to find the amazon gift cards anywhere. It kinda sucks you can't use paypal on amazon, but then again paypal is owned by eBay. Thank again for the help.[/quote]

If you are using PayPal, I would assume that you have some sort of funding source like a bank account, or whatever. Anyway, You should be able to use the PayPal Plug-in. This generates a credit card number (which you make for one-time use only) and allows you to use it anywhere that accepts MasterCard. I used it before I had my own credit card when I wanted to buy things from Newegg.com.

Anyway, you should check it out.

[quote name='Puffoluf$$$us']If you are using PayPal, I would assume that you have some sort of funding source like a bank account, or whatever. Anyway, You should be able to use the PayPal Plug-in. This generates a credit card number (which you make for one-time use only) and allows you to use it anywhere that accepts MasterCard. I used it before I had my own credit card when I wanted to buy things from Newegg.com.

Anyway, you should check it out.[/quote]

Yah that sounds cool I didn't know they had that. Does it cost money to use?

Just a quick note - last time I went to use the coinstar machine around here (last month), Amazon.com was NOT one of the merchants you could get a certificate for. They changed the one here to like 6 other places (foot locker, disney, blah, blah, blah, blah)....

of course that may be ymmv, but I really wanted the amazon.com GC.....

Crap it does vary by location! They have a locator on their website that will tell you where the counters are and which redemptions are available at each site.

Your best bet is to just go into a Commerce Bank and use their coin exchanging machine. No fees and you don't need to have an account there. They give you cash, which is better than gift certificates if you ask me.

[quote name='samurai388']Yah that sounds cool I didn't know they had that. Does it cost money to use?[/quote]

Nope sure doesn't.

If you want to check it out and see how it works. Just log into your PayPal account and for me the plug-in shows up on the left under "Tools". I recommend it if you are use to using PayPal already. And plus it's secure since you generate one-time use credit cards. Though you can also generate multi-use cards that you can use for subscription services.

bread's done
Back