Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8093708&postcount=88

This is copied from my post on SRK

Quote:
Update: 2009-01-17
I got sick and tired of listening to the same old crap from the EB stores. It didn't make sense to me that their information was inconsistent with what the MadCatz rep was reporting.

I called the EB Games head office and FINALLY found somebody (Andrea) who was able to help. The good news is that, YES EB GAMES will carry the TE Sticks! The bad news is that they will not have them for the launch of SF4.

In fact, I was told that the very earliest that the TE Sticks will be made available for pre-order will be March 2009. Please understand that this does not mean on March 1st, pre-ordering will commence. This is to say that pre-ordering will not happen before this date.

I was told the reason Canada was being delayed was due to the unexpected demand. EB Games / Gamestop have a common supplier which made the decision to fill and process all of the US preorders first before accepting any Canadian preorders.

Here are the EB Games' SKU's for the TE Sticks. Take them back to the EB stores that told you "Oh we don't have this stick in our system. The SKU isn't listed" and laugh in their face. (Note: Gamestop and EB Games use different SKU's for their products)

$149.99 PS3 TE Stick = 6162317
$149.99 X360 TE Stick = 6162291

The PS3 TE Stick is listed as "Discontinued" or "Inactive". Preorders can not be processed for items under this status.

The X360 TE Stick is listed as "Available". This means that the stick CAN be preordered. I found this to be strange as to why one stick was available and the other wasn't. Andrea dug around found out that this was a system error . Both sticks should be listed as "Discontinued" and it will be corrected ASAP.

If you are reading this post and manage to get to an EB with the X360 SKU before the status is changed, I'm not sure it will make a difference as their supplier doesn't have any units to ship out either way.

In short, for the time being all we can do is patiently wait. Canada will get the TE Sticks, just not in time for the SF4 launch. I suggest calling your local EB games with the SKU every few days and just ask them to check the status of the stick. And of course as soon as you find out, POST IN THIS THREAD AND LET EVERYONE ELSE KNOW!

Thanks!

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=5983860

Storm,

EB GAMES AND GAMESTOP STORE IN CANADA have different SKUs???

Or did you mean that EB Games (canada) and GAMESTOP (US) have different SKUS?

PLEASE CLARIFY!

From SRK(jaywang):

Go To Your Local EB and Place Your Pre-Order!

Canadian Retail Price is $189.99! SKU's are as follows:

$189.99 PS3 TE Stick = 6162317
$189.99 X360 TE Stick = 6162291

Confirmed with the EB Games Head Office:

- Both X360 + PS3 TE Fight Stick's are now available for pre-order. (If you find a store that is still not sure what you are refering to, give them the SKU. If that doesn't work, call head office and file a complaint against that store.)
- Shipment for the sticks is estimated to be Mid - End of March 2009
- Canadian Retail Price: $189.99
- Exact number of TE Fight Sticks to be supplied is still TBD. Meaning that the pre-order doesn't neccesarily guarentee you a stick.

jesussss $190 for an Arcade stick?? You could buy another 360 for that! There's a bucketload of hype surrounding SF4, I might pick it up and get an arcade stick to boot, although I've never really delved in fighting games before.

Still could not justify buying this at $189.99 but made a preorder for a 360 version anyway. >.< Impulsive buying kills me. Well at least I can cancel my preorder.... and it does not cost anything.

FYI, the TE fight sticks comes out 1 month after the SF4 game release. WTF.

My brother got his today, he bought from US. He seems quite happy about that, he really hate the 360 joystick for fighting game.

I still think that it is too expensive.

bread's done
Back