Ninja Gaiden Σ 2- September 29th

This is a big opportunity to fix some of the glaring issues with NG2 like cheap ass enemies hitting you from off screen. Let's hope Tecmo doesn't fuck it up.

I got them all Ninja Gaiden with Ninja Gaiden Triology Unlockable, Ninja Gaiden Black, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Possible Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 :)

It's not going to be a straight port - it will be redone and improved. That said, I still have no interest in it (not my cup of tea). It's set to be released this fall.

I figured this would happen. I'm glad to see it did although more than likely I won't get it since I've played it on 360. I remember asking Mana if he was interested in it for 360 for cheap which he said he has a few games like that, and didn't play them,but soon as it comes to ps3 he wants it. I don't mean anything by that Mana it just shows your fanboyism even more. ;)

at least it's not a straight port. New weapon and ability to play as Ayane. I never did get too far in Sigma though (like chapter 8 or something)...too hard for me -_-

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']It's not going to be a straight port - it will be redone and improved. That said, I still have no interest in it (not my cup of tea). It's set to be released this fall.[/quote]

This Fall in Japan, not America...right?

[quote name='IGN']Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is being developed by Team Ninja, with production and direction by the original Sigma's Yosuke Hayashi. Japan will get the game some time this fall[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sotc1988']Maybe I'll get it if it drops to what the 360 price is in a year or so.[/QUOTE]

I just can't pay 60 dollars for an old game. I hope that its at least 39.99 at release. I think that this game isn't going to be built from scratch like Sigma was. This game will most likely be a port, and thus shouldn't cost to much to develop. on that premise, I don't see how or why they should charge full 59.99 for this game.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Eh, the deal breaker with the first was how everytime you exit a hut in the NGΣ demo the enemies respawned inside. Did the sequel fix this?[/quote]

No they don't, if it happens then it's meant to happen. There's a few select places it does.

[quote name='Thomas96']I just can't pay 60 dollars for an old game. I hope that its at least 39.99 at release. I think that this game isn't going to be built from scratch like Sigma was. This game will most likely be a port, and thus shouldn't cost to much to develop. on that premise, I don't see how or why they should charge full 59.99 for this game.[/QUOTE]Sigma wasn't built from scratch either (it just added prettier textures and stuff to an Xbox game), and the game does have some new additions.

[quote name='Vinny']I hope they fix those annoying mid gameplay loading times.[/QUOTE]

That's what killed Sigma for me. I didn't even bother beating it, just got rid of it.

[quote name='Vinny']I hope they fix those annoying mid gameplay loading times.[/quote]

In their defense, it rarely happened and only if you moved too far ahead or too far back while fighting.

[quote name='whoknows']That's what killed Sigma for me. I didn't even bother beating it, just got rid of it.[/quote]

In sigma? No, you lose.

[quote name='HuppSav']Most excellent news. Sigma 1 is my most wanted ps3 game at the moment.[/quote]

You...you do know you can get that right now, right?

As for Online Co-op...I really want to see if it's true, and how it works. Because I truly except either

A - Both players share the same health bar
B - One player dies = Game over for both players

If that's the case in either scenario, the game can go to hell.

[quote name='whoknows']Sigma had invisible loading lines. Cross it and it loads. Lame. Especially during fights.

NG is best on the Xbox.[/QUOTE]

I will leave you to your delusions and bad camera.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Sigma wasn't built from scratch either (it just added prettier textures and stuff to an Xbox game), and the game does have some new additions.[/QUOTE]

WHAT?!!!! Damn, that game turned out good for an upgraded xbox game... I'd like to see some more xbox games come out on PS3.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Sigma wasn't built from scratch either (it just added prettier textures and stuff to an Xbox game), and the game does have some new additions.[/quote]

You dont know much about game development or engines do you?

Just an FYI, the engine all Team Ninja games run on are based off of their 1999 gaming engine. No joke.

New info:
- 3 playable characters (Ryu, Ayane and Momiji)
- 2 player online co-op
-
Tweaked Camera
-
you fight the Statue of Liberty for some reason
- In Japan, it'll be censored, unlike the 360 version, because that's how Sony rolls

[quote name='KingBroly']Just an FYI, the engine all Team Ninja games run on are based off of their 1999 gaming engine. No joke.

New info:
- 3 playable characters (Ryu, Ayane and Momiji)
- 2 player online co-op
-
Tweaked Camera
-
you fight the Statue of Liberty for some reason
- In Japan, it'll be censored, unlike the 360 version, because that's how Sony rolls[/quote]

Well, I'm sure the engine has gotten revamped multiple times by now. It can't be the same engine that they used in 1999, it just won't work.

I said BASED OFF OF. Meaning same tools, and it works the same way in almost every respect, except now it has a higher resolution.

Just stick with Sigma 1. I don't own a ps3 so I never played it, but NG Black was way way better than NG II. I sold back II a while ago and still own and love Black.

[quote name='Shady3011']I guess since Itagaki isn't around to throw a fuss we'll be seeing multiplat releases for more stuff from Team Ninja.[/quote]

YES! COME ON DOA BEACH VOLLEYBALL FOR PS3!:lol: and better be completely remade!

The last Ninja Gaiden video I recall seeing before this was NG2 on X360 and those blood farts in that trailer above are beyond awkward!

Last edited by a moderator:
So now we have lost the gore, and added boob physics via 6 axis

"Violence is not going to be one of the key selling points of this title... It's not all about how bloody it is." Instead they're going for "a much cooler, cleaner, sleeker look". So you won't see great big spurts of blood, but clouds of purple essence when enemies get dismembered."

The PlayStation 3's motion sensing Sixaxis controller features don't get much attention these days, but Tecmo is about to change that, as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 reportedly uses the technology for boob jiggling. Ever the innovator!

According to reports from IGN and The Sixth Axis, Tecmo will give PS3 owners full control over the overflowing cups of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2's ladies.

[quote name='gamerpro4000']sweet! looking forward to this game. GOD of War 3 or NG2... hmmmm hard to decide....[/QUOTE]

You can only have 1 game between now and March?

Why the hell would they take out the gore? That's some damn bullshit.

...though it's cool you can jiggle some boobies with the controller. :lol:

BUT STILL!!!

Some demo impressions:
- Slight screen tearing
- Cutscenes run at 30fps
- Team Missions seems like a lot of fun, even with a stupid CPU
- Ayane is a really fast, tank character
- The ball & chain weapon =

bread's done
Back