Arcade/Fight Sticks.. in toronto?

pixelperfect

CAG Veteran
What is up with the madcatz fightstick TE...? EB keeps delaying the shipment date. First it was mid-march then April 1, anyone know whats up?

If you know where I can pick up a fight stick or Hori (real arcade pro ex) stick in Toronto let me know... thanks.

Don't know if this helps you but I picked up a Hori Fighting Stick 3 at Atrium on Bay (whatever that game store is in there). It was $79.99, which is a little more pricey than Amazon but at least it was available.

Waiting on Sanwa parts for it as we speak to mod it up. It's a decent enough stick on its own without modding it (particularly the stick) but the buttons require a little too much push to register. I'm relatively sure the HRAP3 uses the same buttons anyway as well (but comes with a Sanwa stick).

Did they have the hori real arcade pro ex for the X360? Eb is taking way to long with my pre-order.

I'm looking for the madcatz TE, SE or a Hori Real arcade pro ex (360)

[quote name='10galloncat']This store on spadina has some hori sticks sometimes.http://www.acgamesonline.com/[/quote]

These guys are insanely expensive, but yeah.. they have the best stock of gaming merchandise in the city. Game Center for cheaper prices, but I doubt they have Hori Sticks. :/

[quote name='EvilMario']These guys are insanely expensive, but yeah.. they have the best stock of gaming merchandise in the city. Game Center for cheaper prices, but I doubt they have Hori Sticks. :/[/quote]

Do you know if they have hori sticks for the 360? (HRAP EX) Plus how much did you pay for your Hori?

This madcatz situation with the fightsticks is major gong show.

The madcatz situation is because they have closed a bunch of factories and have moved the assembly line for this product between 4 different plants in the last few months. these fight sticks are made in china and madcatz has totally dropped the ball on this product. Next time i think capcom should make their own sticks because im sure this lack of arcade sticks from madcatz has hurt street fighter 4 sales.

EBgames will be getting the first allocation of these sticks next week and they will go to the earliest pre-sells within all the stores so the earlier your pre-order was the sooner you will get yours. your local ebgames has an email that came out yesterday that they can read to you for exact details on whats going on.

I broke down and bought a SFIV Collector's Edition Arcade FightStick on eBay for $150. I know it's nearly double the price, but I just got so sick of waiting around for shipments to possibly arrive and even then they would all already be spoken for.

It was definitely worth it. Great quality peripheral and something I hope to use for years for past and future fighters or arcade games. I can't believe how big and heavy it is. Works perfectly in your lap and on the coffee table.

Does this mean I'm out of the 'Cheap-Ass' club?

I was at my local EB Games today and it looks like they will only be getting 1 TE stick this shipment... how lame is that. They were not able to tell me anything about the next shipments or how many would be coming in the future... I'm beyond frustrated.

If anyone know where I can get a madcatz TE, SE or Hori real arcade pro EX please let me know... I'm losing hope.

I managed to pick up my TE stick on saturday. the eb i preordered from had it on the side, ready & waiting for me. And it was totally worth the $190 worth of trade credit i put down on it (even though it took just under 2 months to get it here). So I at least know they exists and more are coming (i'd think). I think it was the week before that I also saw 1 non-TE stick & a number of fightpads at another eb that i went to.

[quote name='telepathy']I managed to pick up my TE stick on saturday. the eb i preordered from had it on the side, ready & waiting for me. And it was totally worth the $190 worth of trade credit i put down on it (even though it took just under 2 months to get it here). So I at least know they exists and more are coming (i'd think). I think it was the week before that I also saw 1 non-TE stick & a number of fightpads at another eb that i went to.[/quote]

You're extremely lucky then. Is this in the GTA?

[quote name='telepathy']I managed to pick up my TE stick on saturday. the eb i preordered from had it on the side, ready & waiting for me. And it was totally worth the $190 worth of trade credit i put down on it (even though it took just under 2 months to get it here). So I at least know they exists and more are coming (i'd think). I think it was the week before that I also saw 1 non-TE stick & a number of fightpads at another eb that i went to.[/quote]

What locations were these fightsticks at? Now did you just pick up one you had preordered or was it a walk-in thing. They usually give out the preorders according to the order on the list. So if you weren't contacted then your lucky. (were you next on the list)

If you just walked in randomly without a preorder (lucky you) I say BALLS. :cry:

I preordered stuff sometime in February lol. Im in ottawa so maybe my luck is just better or I just have less competition vs. competing in the GTA for gaming stuff

there were 2 preorders for TE sticks at the store that i went to, I was number 2. I heard that i was lucky as well because they stopped preorders a day or two after i preordered.

the second instance of fightsticks/fightpads was at another store & a walk-in thing, but the price went up for them (price was $109 or something for non-TE stick) & the fightpad was also overpriced from what i can tell. i didnt want to pay the price hike so i waited quietly for my TE stick to come in.

Also, the odds of getting a TE stick w/o a preorder i would believe is astronomically low since I couldnt imagine an EB (especially in Canada) getting excess sticks IMO.

Have any fighting sticks of the Hori or MadCatz variety shown up online or in retail stores ANYWHERE in Toronto yet?

I've been looking for weeks with no luck at all. Has everyone just given up?

I called up my brother in Toronto to go looking for a fightstick and he wasnt really successful =(

I'm not sure if its a first come first serve basis but i know Sheppard Yonge station's EBgames has 1 TE stick on hold for a preorder... so if anybody preordered it there, go get it!!!

Not sure if anyone cares, I wasn't sure if I should make a new topic or not but I've seen a Chun-li fightpad(The one based on the Saturn pad) at the Mississauga, Clarkson location, I think that there was another one behind it too.

I have had pre-orders since Jan. one at a retailer and one online and I still don't have one.. Madcatz really screwed this up!! It figures I finally break down for an arcade stick and can't get one.. I refuse to play SF IV again till I get it.. a fightpad just doesn't cut it

I called every other day to various retail outlets and no one seems to have one or a clue as to when to expect them..

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, it would seem the 360 SEs ($99) are coming in. You are in luck if you live in Sauga.

Just picked one up at 401 Argentia 30mins ago. They should still have one more. Also called Milton, and they said they have a couple.

I also got a 360 SE today at the same Mississauga, Clarkson location in my last post and I called the location near the South Common Centre earlier and they also said they had some.

P.S. - Anyone know if these new ones have the washer fix ?

My fav EB called to tell me they have Regular ed Fight sticks in; too bad I preordered the Tourney Fight stick for PS3 and the ones they have are the 360 ones. :(

[quote name='pika']I also got a 360 SE today at the same Mississauga, Clarkson location in my last post and I called the location near the South Common Centre earlier and they also said they had some.

P.S. - Anyone know if these new ones have the washer fix ?[/quote]

Not sure about the washer fix. The first stick I got the art was a bit scratched and had lots of air bubbles so I just exchanged it. Now the newer one I have, the joystick seems a bit loose so I think I need to open it up and check the washer. My warranty sticker is also a bit suspiciously sliced up (but not completely).

[quote name='pika']Thanks, I'll check the warranty sticker and art on mine :)[/quote]

So I checked my stick again (and I still haven't used it yet), and the warranty sticker is definitely sliced, so someone has opened it. Plus the joystick doesn't "click" when it goes left, and sounds like parts are loose when I press up, so I'm definitely returning this.

Sigh, I'm just going to wait for a TE. This SE piece of crap.

I'd do the same but I don't have enough so I'm gonna wait and then replace my parts with better parts down the line.

[quote name='ju5tbringit']So I checked my stick again (and I still haven't used it yet), and the warranty sticker is definitely sliced, so someone has opened it. Plus the joystick doesn't "click" when it goes left, and sounds like parts are loose when I press up, so I'm definitely returning this.

Sigh, I'm just going to wait for a TE. This SE piece of crap.[/quote]

Hey..My warranty sticker was sliced as well!

I wonder what's up with that...

[quote name='Talus']Hey..My warranty sticker was sliced as well!

I wonder what's up with that...[/quote]

Someone bought it, realized it was broken, looked inside, and then returned it (EB Games 14 day return policy). I bought one, realized it was broken, sliced the warranty sticker and then replaced the joystick with one I ordered online. It took like 3 weeks between slicing the warranty and actually having the replacement stick though.

[quote name='sh10151']Someone bought it, realized it was broken, looked inside, and then returned it (EB Games 14 day return policy). I bought one, realized it was broken, sliced the warranty sticker and then replaced the joystick with one I ordered online. It took like 3 weeks between slicing the warranty and actually having the replacement stick though.[/quote]

But the stick seems to work fine...

or maybe It IS broken and I DON'T suck at SFIV #-o

[quote name='Talus']But the stick seems to work fine...

or maybe It IS broken and I DON'T suck at SFIV #-o[/quote]

Could be that someone bought it, looked at the insides and returned it? My sticker broke very easily when i removed the bottom. Maybe it can happen naturally.

bread's done
Back