Why is microsoft selling faulty consules?

dbrev42

CAGiversary!
If they are all going to get a ring of death, how the fuck can they still get away with selling them?! I bought one, but now I'm hearing all this bad shit.

This is completely not the right thread, discuss in the RROD FAQ thread sticky'd at the top of the thread list page.

So Microsoft sells faulty consoles. It turns out they also have the best online community (aka Xbox Live). It is arguable that sure, you have to pay for XBL, but it's only like $2 something per month if you jump on one of those 12+1 Month Cards. That's pretty cheap.

I would say the average lifespan of a Microsoft 360 Console is at least half a year provided you keep it in good condition, in a roomy environment, etc.. my 360 isn't trapped in a cage, so it's been going strong for quite awhile now. I really don't care about the RROD or refurbished consoles anymore due to the fact that I can install discs onto my hard drive and I can barely hear the disc drive run. As long as the 360 works, it's good. And because it has the best online community, makes it even better.

You can argue your case that PS3 has better online community than 360 (it really doesn't), but really, all it comes down to is if you're too cheap to afford XBL.

edit: Also, if you get the RROD, you're eligible for a refurbished console if you send yours back to Microsoft. The refurbished consoles have more fans and shit so they don't break down as often.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']

edit: Also, if you get the RROD, you're eligible for a refurbished console if you send yours back to Microsoft. The refurbished consoles have more fans and shit so they don't break down as often.[/quote]

Usually they send refurbished xenons or falcons with really no extras that the new consoles have. If anybody wants a broad scope of the RROD issue check out this thread at neogaf http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148060&page=201 . This is only one thread but there are other sites (specificially 360 sites) that talk about the problems in their forums.

Sadly, I just traded my Wii games and have gained 180 dollars in credit and i'm itching to jump BACK in. I really want to play gears 2 and tales of vesperia. So I'm stuck in a bind.

Just get both consoles, ps360, wii360 or whatever combo you may like. The consoles are all affordable, so go get one. For the RROD, it fucking sucks, but microsoft trapped most of us, because of halo 3, otherwise I would not have a 360. If you bought a new 360 it should be fine.

troll-web.jpg

[quote name='dbrev42']I'm a troll? rotflmao man[/quote]

Yeah, you come in here acting like you've never heard of the RROD. 1/2 year life expectancy is BS. I've had my 360 for over a year and a half. It gets played almost every day by at least 1 member of my family and it has never had a problem. I have a Wii and PS3 as well and my 360 sees way more playtime than the other 2 systems.

I don't deny that many 360's have issues, but your thread and replies are laced with troll crap. Anyway, like has been said, there is a whole thread stickied up top about RRoD stuff.

You're seriously a troll, man. 1/2 year lifespan is a completely bullshit number. And seriously, this is 2009. 3 Years too late, pal.

[quote name='Lokki']Yeah, you come in here acting like you've never heard of the RROD. 1/2 year life expectancy is BS. I've had my 360 for over a year and a half. It gets played almost every day by at least 1 member of my family and it has never had a problem. I have a Wii and PS3 as well and my 360 sees way more playtime than the other 2 systems.

I don't deny that many 360's have issues, but your thread and replies are laced with troll crap. Anyway, like has been said, there is a whole thread stickied up top about RRoD stuff.[/quote]
My bad guys, guess I got carried away, apologies sent to all fellow CAG's. :)

I came up with the bullshit 1/2 year life expectancy. I quote this from my original reply:

I would say the average lifespan of a Microsoft 360 Console is at least half a year provided you keep it in good condition

Anyhow, some people pulled my quote out of context trying to throw evidence at the original poster saying he was a troll. Either way, if you read my post since it's practically the only useful post in this thread (no offense), you will see that I back up the fact that Xbox360 has the best solid online gaming community.

This thread sucks.

OP, you need to remember that for every whine you see on the internet, about any product, there are 20 satisfied customers.

People don't get on the internet and talk about products when they are content. They do it when they are angry.

I'm on my August 2005 Xbox 360 still. I realize the failure rate on early xbox's are higher than they should be, but you are focusing on the exagurating whiners..

bread's done
Back