Future Shop: FREE Resistance with PSP purchase

I guess...

A console is something you'd probably want to do an in-store pick up on anyway.

Resistence: Retribution is a pretty good game. There should've been a PSP bundle with it, so this is a nice package.

^Sony usually doesn't do straight away into bundles. Since they likely have larger profit margins on the UMD sales themselves.

But considering all Sony's previous pack-ins (with a few exceptions) have been Greatest Hits titles I'm not sure if Resistance R will make it. Like Sony Bend's second Syphon Filter PSP game the sales haven't exactly been great. VG Chartz list under 200,000 sold worldwide. Pretty sure God Of War: Chains Of Olympus sold that much alone in the US in it's first month.

That's sad.... though Resistance: Retribution's only been out for a short while now. Maybe it will pick up over time. I suspected that Studio Bend's Syphon Filter games weren't huge sellers, which is also a shame because I think they're as good if not better than Resistance: Retribution. It's too bad they haven't gotten noticed the way other franchises have.

[quote name='1_blue_pixel']That's sad.... though Resistance: Retribution's only been out for a short while now. Maybe it will pick up over time. I suspected that Studio Bend's Syphon Filter games weren't huge sellers, which is also a shame because I think they're as good if not better than Resistance: Retribution. It's too bad they haven't gotten noticed the way other franchises have.[/quote]

The first Syphon Filter PSP game sold well enough to become a Greatest Hits and warrant a sequel. The second however... Well, it did get an online, download-only multi-player sequel...

It's sad Resistance Retribution has sold so little. It'll likely mean a port to the PS2.

bread's done
Back