ALL Skullcandy Gaming Headsets 50% off UNTIL June 24th!

rdogg1026

Banned
http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/gi-sgs-xbox-360-headset-p-144.html
GiSGS_gisgs_main_LRG.jpg

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/lowrider-sgs-xbox-360-headset-p-129.html
LowriderSGS_black-camo_main_LRG.jpg

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/lowrider-sgs-xbox-360-headset-p-129.html
LowriderSGS_black-chrome_LRG.jpg

Use coupon code SeaMonkey (case sensitive) for the 50% discount.

Shipping is FREE when you add a $1 donation to Breast Cancer.

I have the Lowrider SGS in Black and I love them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a pair of Skullcandy TIs, and I'd have to say they have horrible sound quality. They might be alright as gaming headsets though.

What's considered to be the best gaming headsets? I have a pair of Plantronics and they're meh. Does the trick but nothing spectacular.

Anyone know if the xbox 360 ones are any good? Seeing as the white crappy ones are only 5$ less, I might pick up a pair of these. Also, since the webpage dosn't say, can anyone confirm if there is one of those handy "turn of the mic switches"?

[quote name='letallis']Anyone know if the xbox 360 ones are any good? Seeing as the white crappy ones are only 5$ less, I might pick up a pair of these. Also, since the webpage dosn't say, can anyone confirm if there is one of those handy "turn of the mic switches"?[/QUOTE]

No they don't. These headphones can also plug into your video and audio cables so you can hear your games while you play them.

[quote name='rdogg1026']No they don't. These headphones can also plug into your video and audio cables so you can hear your games while you play them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it looks like a pain to do this. I have a 61" TV and sit around 15 feet from the set. I'm not sure the cord would be long enough or even worth it.

I use a pair of wireless Turtlebeach X2's and the do the trick nicely.

I would recommend wireless headphones for people with big sets..

Kevin

I'm afraid of SkullCandy...ever since I saw the packaging their earbuds came in. They look cheap (and not in a good way).

If you're looking for a USB Headset for your PS3 I would suggest Creative, or Logitech. Sure they're designed for PC's but they work just fine on the PS3 and you get a means to mute yourself in games hat otherwise are open mic (just hit the button on the cord that PC headsets usually come with.

But for the price, even before the coupon, these things are probably decent enough.

I was going to order a pair of purple chops for the wife, then read the reviews on Amazon. nevermind. For sound quality, I'm getting the overall impression that SC is pretty much worthless rubbish for the Hot Topic kids. Still not too bad of a price, though.

[quote name='SoulReaver']So any advice on if these are good? How is the sound quality?[/QUOTE]

Anyone at all? I know SC is not really known for their sound quality, they are just a "hip" brand. However, does anyone own a pair of any of these gaming headsets? What is the sound quality?

Just chiming in - I will hop on this deal based on the SC earbuds I have. I love them. Very reasonably priced, super comfortable and good enough sound quality for me at the gym. I have had great experience with customer service too - they gave me 50% off new earbuds when my cat chewed up one of mine- which was totally my own fault. My whole family uses these buds for the gym and handheld like the DS after I let them try mine.

I'm not a huge audiophile though, I just know they sound fine. I'll try a pair of gaming ones now based on how positive everything else has been.

[quote name='Noogums']This code works on headphones too!! (in-ear, over the ear, etc)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for neglecting this detail, OP! Big help!

[quote name='nohbdy']thanks for neglecting this detail, op! Big help![/quote]

it's a video game deals site. I gave the video games part of the deal.

[quote name='rdogg1026']it's a video game deals site. I gave the video games part of the deal.[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to forget that some handheld systems can use regular headphones too?

I have a couple pairs of skullcandy-not impressed. My lower-riders sound like crap- and i think there titanuim model (it folds in half to fit in the storage bag, monitor style ear cups) sound decent and has good bass for explosions, but fighting with the cheap plastic clip so they dont fold up on me and starts to get uncomfortable after a bit made me put them in the closet. I'd advise everyone to just skip this brand. My old sony mdr-cd180 monitors has killed anything I've used from skull and those were 30 bucks from record town years ago!

[quote name='silks']What's considered to be the best gaming headsets? I have a pair of Plantronics and they're meh. Does the trick but nothing spectacular.[/QUOTE]

go with Trittons probably, i use turtle beach x3s for competitive, but trittons are prolly a little better

[quote name='rdogg1026']it's a video game deals site. I gave the video games part of the deal.[/QUOTE]

That sounds about right. Maybe you can update the OP to reflect it working on all of their headphones so the other CAGs stop crying about it...

Skullcandies sound terrible and most of them look awful. The only model worth buying would be the $10 Ink'd earbuds since they sound good for the price, but you can get them for that much anywhere.

[quote name='help1']To those ragging on how the OP, please shut the fuck up. He didn't have to post anything, pricks.[/QUOTE]

1 im not a prick
2 this is a game deal forum so stop hating on people
3 im just helping the guy out before a mod notices
4 i wouldnt buy skullcandy because my friend has a set lasted a month
5 i need a new headset where can i find a wireless one at for a good price

I REALLY wouldn't suggest getting these headphones for the cost. You can find plenty of better headphones for a lot cheaper, like some Sony MDR-XD200s or some of the lower end Sennheisers. These headphones look cool, but are really poorly made. Plus they sit kind of tight on your head.

[quote name='Gosha']These headphones look cool, but are really poorly made. Plus they sit kind of tight on your head.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you're just a fat-head. A rich, fatty, fat-head.

images
images

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']to the op

you posted the same headphones twice (last 2)
just thought i let u kno[/QUOTE]

Hey retard, it's a different color. STFU.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']SkullCandy fucking sucks, if you want a good pair of phones you must goto head-fi.org[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll second that - those people know their cans...

Ehh I ordered a pair because i want a cheap pair for my 360. Really don't feel like paying $60+ and i'm not obsessed over the sound.

I ordered a pair as well.

When you're playing FPS online you really have to turn the volume down on your TV so your teammates don't hear all the gunshots & explosions on their headsets. These completely solve that problem.

That's all I want from them - voice chat and decent sound. I don't need audiophile sound from these - "Dude, your voice is so f'n crystal clear, the clarity and rich bass when you said 'HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU' made me weep."

I listen to my MP3s with a set of FMJs and think they're a good set, I'd steer clear of the Ink'd:roll: and Smokin' Buds:roll:. I think the thing I like the least about skullcandy is that whole immature/ hot topic image they portray, but I can't complain about the sound quality.

Wondering if you kind folks could help me decide on these:

I am looking for a headphone/mic combo for my XB360 (I'm currently using the MS headset + headphones, which is uncomfortable and bulky). I don't really care about sound quality or wires. A few reviews intimated that you cannot adjust the chat volume independently from the game volume - that is a dealbreaker if true. Or could anyone offer a similar product? Maybe one with a mute button and less than $100? TIA! :cool:

[quote name='thisisapen']Wondering if you kind folks could help me decide on these:

I am looking for a headphone/mic combo for my XB360 (I'm currently using the MS headset + headphones, which is uncomfortable and bulky). I don't really care about sound quality or wires. A few reviews intimated that you cannot adjust the chat volume independently from the game volume - that is a dealbreaker if true. Or could anyone offer a similar product? Maybe one with a mute button and less than $100? TIA! :cool:[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22kEtom6wcs

[quote name='rdogg1026']Hey retard, it's a different color. STFU.[/QUOTE]
chill out you prick

he made a simple mistake no need to call him a name.

he said it in a polite manner.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']SkullCandy fucking sucks, if you want a good pair of phones you must goto head-fi.org[/QUOTE]

This. I recently bought Audio Technica AD700s based on their recommendations and they are amazing, I can hear where everything is. Anyone there would say that Skullcandies are rubbish, the only pair that I've seen some of them like were the Ink'd for $10.

[quote name='jaybird']
That's all I want from them - voice chat and decent sound. I don't need audiophile sound from these - "Dude, your voice is so f'n crystal clear, the clarity and rich bass when you said 'HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU' made me weep."[/QUOTE]

If you had a good pair of headphones, you wouldn't need your teammate to tell you someone was right behind you; you would hear their footsteps.

[quote name='Furashu']chill out you prick

he made a simple mistake no need to call him a name.

he said it in a polite manner.[/QUOTE]

Besides the fact that H3m1 R4m was actually right too lol. Those last two are the EXACT same link.

[quote name='help1']To those ragging on how the OP, please shut the fuck up. He didn't have to post anything, pricks.[/QUOTE]

I was just giving him crap about posting correctly because every time I read a post he always has to chime in and be a smarta** to everyone and let them know that either their post is in the wrong forum or it needs to be moved. (Never in a nice and helpful way, like it should be around here to newbies. Just in a typical assh*le fashion.) So to be technical, this doesn't belong in the video game deals because it is not infact a video game. It belongs in the other deals forum. AND if you are going to post a good deal. Then post the WHOLE deal. Would you go to school with half your homework done and expect to get a A? No, heres a life lesson, dont half ass stuff. Do it right the first time. God I didn't think I could hate Kobe Bryant even more than I already do but after coming to this site I do just because this prick uses Kobe as his avatar. Figures tho...I guess the devil wouldn't use an angel as his online avatar.

Code no worky? Second time I missed out on these headphones.

Anyone order with code using firefox?

EDIT: Got it to work. Firefox was not a problem. I would suggest emptying your cart after every failed attempt to finalize transaction a.k.a. pulling the trigger on the order. It will fail multiple times, but then it will go through.
Thanks OP, you solved my computer monitor audio dilemma.

SeaMonkey is da best.

HEY. i got a pair of lowriders on the last sale -- IF YOU USE HDMI, THESE ARE USELESS.

The microphone plugs into the jack on your controller...but the headphones must connect directly to the red and white audio jacks on your unit and you must set the viocechat to come out of your speakers. This is completely useless unless you play exclusively at night with a specific setup.

Yeah I was pissed.

I do love my other headphones from there, though.

[quote name='almasy82']Heads up people if you get the GI SGS Xbox 360 Headset
You get a pair of icon/recruit headphones for free +free shipping
So the Gi sgs
http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/gi-sgs-xbox-360-headset-p-144.html (retail 79.99)
+
http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/icon-recruit-p-9.html (retail 24.95)
for
$39.99 shipped
Not a fan of the brand but my friend has the game headset and it is pretty solid.
Just add the gi sgs to the cart and then on the shopping cart page it will let you pick the icons[/QUOTE]

Nice deal! Ordered these. Whenever I'm in best buy I'm tempted to buy turtle beach ones.. but couldn't bring myself to get them..

Hopefully they'll be pretty good!

[quote name='Wooten']Besides the fact that H3m1 R4m was actually right too lol. Those last two are the EXACT same link.[/QUOTE]

It's the SAME product, different color. How many times do I need to say that?

bread's done
Back