would gamestop accept a european lbp?

hyunkim

CAGiversary!
i bought a european copy because they were a lot cheaper (costed me $20). i want to trade it in, but i wonder if they'll pick up on it and decline it? maybe it depends on the person working at the time?

also, do all gamestop's share the same TIV's? or do they vary in some stores? in other words, if game x trades in for $10, will it trade in for $10 in every gamestop?

UPDATE: just in case anybody is curious, i went to gamestop today and they accepted it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, do not do this. Think about the poor kid who is going to buy it and be disappointed. I don't really like gamestop, but this is just wrong!!!

I'm pretty sure that unless the clerk is totally clueless and oblivious that they'll see the different ratings box on the package and give it a twice over. Plus, I think the European version has a different UPC.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Dude, do not do this. Think about the poor kid who is going to buy it and be disappointed. I don't really like gamestop, but this is just wrong!!![/QUOTE]

Its European, not Japanese... you can still read it and play it...

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Its European, not Japanese... you can still read it and play it...[/QUOTE]

PAL TV output though. While yes, it will work with HDMI and such, if somebody has an older TV it won't display properly.

[quote name='georox']PAL TV output though. While yes, it will work with HDMI and such, if somebody has an older TV it won't display properly.[/QUOTE]

Actually you can play most PAL games just fine on NTSC TV

the ps3 region free, won't the game just play like regular?
also just trade it in w/o the cover done. they'll never know its euro

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Dude, do not do this. Think about the poor kid who is going to buy it and be disappointed. I don't really like gamestop, but this is just wrong!!![/QUOTE]

it's fully playable on american ps3's... all ps3 games are free of any region locks. plus, i know that lbp can be displayed on a bulky, american, non-hd tv with the standard av cables, considering i tried it with my tv upstairs. the only thing is the dlc, in which case i'm (pretty sure) that you can just make a euro psn acc and get access.

[quote name='myl0r']would the DLC even be a problem? It's still LBP.
The Euro cover art was so much cooler than the American.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading that it is a problem. I think that it is not possible to use any online features with games outside of your region. I was thinking of buying LBP from Europe, but realized I would want internet features.

Anyway, no idea about your question. Best thing to do is just try and see. Otherwise if you have a smaller store they may take it. I remember seeing imported games at Game-X-Change before.

for some reason I have seen alot of European LBP's around at the local Gamestops, I think alot of people imported it.

[quote name='Sinnbox']for some reason I have seen alot of European LBP's around at the local Gamestops, I think alot of people imported it.[/QUOTE]

I think the main reason behind that is that the import version is only $20 most times and sometimes that's the cost SHIPPED for it. Compare that with the North American version, which is still $55 used at Gamestop, $50 used at Hollywood Video and still $60 new and you can understand WHY some people will choose to import the game versus buying a domestic copy.

It's just like the game Uncharted, which REFUSES to drop below $40.

I can't say I blame people for importing and speaking as a CAG, I REFUSE to pay over $20 for ANY game anymore.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']No, they are not supposed to take in anything but NTSC games.

(unless you have someone who doesn't know/care)[/QUOTE]

This is GameStop. Most of them around here have bootleg used GBA games. I always examine GBA and DS games carefully when I get from them. I know they're not supposed to take anything but NTSC, but I'm sure many of them will take PAL.

bread's done
Back