Killzone 2 Map Pack Bundle - Steel/Titanium, Flash/Thunder and Napalm/Cordite 11.99

musick

CAGiversary!
available starting 7/23
Hey all, tomorrow our third DLC “Napalm & Cordite” will be released, allowing you to nail or toast your enemies with the addition of the Boltgun and Flamethrower. For those of you that might have only just picked up Killzone 2, or have not jumped on the DLC wagon yet, we’ve got an announcement to make.
Also going live tomorrow is a Bundle of map packs Steel & Titanium, Flash & Thunder and Napalm & Cordite combined. And we are calling it the ‘Map Pack Bundle’, original I know, but it does what it says on the lid. The bundle is being offered as a “3 for the price of 2″ ($11.99).
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...rdite-and-map-pack-bundle-releasing-tomorrow/

looks like I'll finally be picking these up

awsome! i was looking for the price everywhere! thats great! im definatly getting it! oh btw is there a time limit on this?

[quote name='tripleoptic']thanks OP for heads up... any idea how long it's good for? perm price?[/QUOTE]
YW .... doesn't say but I would assume it to be a permanant price point

ha...guess i should have held out until now. Bought the first one when it came out. Haven't gotten around to grabbing the second one yet, and all of a sudden #3 is already here. Anyone else feel these came out too quickly? Not to say i don't want more, but all of a sudden there's $18 of DLC being pumped out. oh well...

It would have been nice if everyone who bought the first 2 packs got this one free or something. And it would be nice if it wasn't so hard to find games playing the new maps.

[quote name='Grinchy'] And it would be nice if it wasn't so hard to find games playing the new maps.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure it will get a whole lot easier after this "deal"

[quote name='Grinchy']It would have been nice if everyone who bought the first 2 packs got this one free or something. And it would be nice if it wasn't so hard to find games playing the new maps.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if all the DLC were free.

It would be nice if games were free.

It would be nice if I woke up everyday to a hundred dollars under my pillow.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It would be nice if all the DLC were free.

It would be nice if games were free.

It would be nice if I woke up everyday to a hundred dollars under my pillow.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, the real world you and me and everybody live in is not nice.

[quote name='Serpentor']okay, stupid question, can the KZ2 DLCs be played in single player mode?[/QUOTE]

No, they're just multiplayer maps.

[quote name='mkernan']No, they're just multiplayer maps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, one more question, can't you play split screen locally then? Trophies...

[quote name='mkernan']No, they're just multiplayer maps.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. You can play them in skirmish or warzone with bots.

The new maps should have been half price to those that bought the 2 previous map packs. This is just going to make me wait on buying dlc in the future in hopes of saving some money. The game i want the dlc for next will probably not have a cool bundle like this though and I will be missing out on fun for months because of the nickel and diming going on.

[quote name='OkeyJokey']The new maps should have been half price to those that bought the 2 previous map packs. This is just going to make me wait on buying dlc in the future in hopes of saving some money. The game i want the dlc for next will probably not have a cool bundle like this though and I will be missing out on fun for months because of the nickel and diming going on.[/QUOTE]

Whenever you choose to buy something, you take the gamble that it won't drop down in price soon after. Is potentially saving $6 really worth missing out on fun for months?

I can't believe so many people are whining about $6 (all over the Internet, not just here). If $6 is that significant to you, you shouldn't be buying KZ2 map packs.

[quote name='kidkash03']I'm thinking about picking these up, even though I don't have KZ2 yet. Been waiting on a good price on it.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, its not a sale.... its just regular price for the bundled maps.... so no point in buying before owning Killzone 2.

I don't really care if they bundled however any maps into one, I still will not buy it if it does not appeal to me. I have never played KZ2 online and probably will play later in the future.

You actually save nothing in the long run because you still require the game. Wait even longer, the maps will be for free!!!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Whenever you choose to buy something, you take the gamble that it won't drop down in price soon after. Is potentially saving $6 really worth missing out on fun for months?

I can't believe so many people are whining about $6 (all over the Internet, not just here). If $6 is that significant to you, you shouldn't be buying KZ2 map packs.[/QUOTE]
What is annoying is the maps havent been out for that long and there is already a 6 map pack bundle. People that bought the first 2 map packs havent had the maps for that long and they should have only had to pay half price for the map pack. That would have been a nice treat for the people who have been supporting there dlc from day one. All the people that where whining and crying are getting a deal which doesn't seem right.
I'm not that mad, I'm just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back