God of War III: Ultimate Edition!

andsoitgoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...timate-edition-and-pre-order-items-announced/

Does anyone have any word whether this will be available in Canada, and for how much?

My local EB stores are generally wrong about this stuff :)

Oh, and now here's a picture :)

4057588294_6b7e4e2a12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Asked at the Edmonton [Southgate Mall] location tonight.
They said it wasn't in their system yet, and that they usually don't have preorders in their system until 3 months before the game comes out.

I definitely want it though.
Looks awesome :D

I might just preorder from gamestop.com
Shipping to Canada is $14.99 + $4.99US I think.

Dammit, for a box this big you'd think there'd be something more tangible like full figure and not just a few music discs :( the fuck am I gonna put in that giant box other than the game and two soundtracks!?

[quote name='kathos']Dammit, for a box this big you'd think there'd be something more tangible like full figure and not just a few music discs :( the fuck am I gonna put in that giant box other than the game and two soundtracks!?[/QUOTE]

Apparently the soundtracks are just download vouchers from PSN.
That's kind of a downer. I was expecting actual CDs.
They definitely could have included some sort of figure as well then =/

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/10/30/god-of-war-iii-gets-ultimate-edition-pre-order-demo/
"# God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
# God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 digital download)."

[quote name='AndyTwobeats']Apparently the soundtracks are just download vouchers from PSN.
That's kind of a downer. I was expecting actual CDs.
They definitely could have included some sort of figure as well then =/

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/10/30/god-of-war-iii-gets-ultimate-edition-pre-order-demo/
"# God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
# God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 digital download)."[/QUOTE]

They want me to pay a premium to get the soundtrack...as a digital download...as MP3s?! How damned cheap can you get? Give me a physical CD--I can make my own MP3s thank you very much.

What a joke. :roll:

The lack of CD's for the soundtracks makes no sense. Sony touts the PS3 as a home entertainment centrepiece, with all the latest technology and such. Clearly, those who own a PS3 will have a decent set of speakers. An MP3 download will sound terrible on a decent set of speakers. If they had physical CDs, this would be a no-brainer, since I am a sucker for soundtracks, and a GoW trilogy soundtrack would be worth $30 easy.

Regular edition for me is already preordered at EB with T3G1F (too bad it was already priced at $59.99, I was told the price after I did the T3G1F and did not want bother to do switches for $10 credit).

This confirms me I will stay with regular!

[quote name='Jucifer']People still use CDs? :p[/QUOTE]

I use my 60GB for SACDs too. ;) Sony went from built-in SACD support to offering digital downloads of MP3s as "special" exclusive content.

Whoop-di-fracking-do. Not even AACs but MP3s!! Think outside the box and offer us ProTools stems or something but not MP3s.

This isn't 1997 folks. Cripes, they're probably using Xing to encode them with too...

@collector42
I've been waiting for them to release FLACs or some other type of losses encodes. But that will be the last copies they could sell unless they release higher than CD quality rips. Which is something else I've been waiting for too.
smile

This is one of the most epic fails in terms of LEs. For $100, would it have killed them to include a Kratos bust or something? Or at least a figure a la Bioshock.
FAIL.

I'll almost certainly get the game itself at some point though. Looks great.

[quote name='chrisryans']I was psyched for this when first looking at the picture...but then read digital downloads, wtf are they thinking?[/QUOTE]

lol my thoughts exactly.

Hey CAGs, this will never sell once people hear what's actually IN the box, and as ALL special editions they go down to regular game price a few months after release (maybe longer), if you have a backlog just wait until that goes down and BAM, cool box at regular price.

[quote name='andsoitgoes']Your heart, once you cut it out of your chest in sacrifice for the most awesome game of 2010?[/QUOTE]

The heart of Davy Jones? Arrrrrr

Shaq-FU, i would love that soundtrack, the music in the GoW games is mind blowing. But they had to mess it up and be cheap. I'm sure the box is also very cheaply made, should be $80, but i bet they'll have it be in the 100's, i'm fine with just the $60.

They just gotta destroy dreams..

Edit; whoa, whoa, whoa. So it's marked as $100 dollars. But get this, on Amazon;
That is very... Shaq-FU'd up.
#1 in Video Games > PlayStation 3 > Action > Fighting

Sigh... I'm on board with you guys why it isn't Physical Media. It's a box... I'll leave it in the box regardless.

GoWIII Regular was in my Gold Box many months ago so the Amazon preorder is sitting at $48.44

GoW Ultimate was in my Gold Box this morning so the Amazon preorder is sitting at $94.99.

I figure I have 5 months to figure out which one I want... perhaps the Ultimate will even drop more in preorder price. I just hope I remember to cancel one.

Is there a possibility Sony will adjust the contents of the box before release? I mean no CDs, whatever, but I'm sure a lot of people would prefer a lossless encoding of some kind. Even 320kb/s doesn't stand up to 1411kb/s (CD quality).

While I loved the music in the God of War games it's not like I would ever listen to any of it outside of playing the games. However, if they included the GoW I & II Collection that's coming out in a couple of weeks with this package then I would have gotten the "Ultimate Edition" without hesitation.

You shall email Sony with your complaints and links to forums where people complain... they have till january-february to make changes to Ultimate edition.

Sorry for the thread revival. Seems like the ultimate edition that Amazon was selling for 90 a while ago has been removed. Any idea when it will return?

I was going to sell this thing, but it turns out it honestly will be too heavy to ruin the deal for any of you interested.

May as well keep it for myself

bread's done
Back