Really stressed, don't know how to buy Mass Effect 2

Justshovejayohbe

CAG Veteran
I hate pre-order bonuses. A lot.

I don't know how to buy ME 2... Some background, I have ME 1 and the DLC on XBOX and a couple complete playthroughs, but I'm trying to migrate most purchases that I can to PC these days because last year I got a RROD and I highly doubt it won't happen again, plus I love using steam where you can completely reinstall your library after reformatting the computer at any time.

But... There are simply too many different ways to buy the game. The previous playthroughs and achievement points make me consider the xbox 360 version, and in addition, it only costs $50 (same as standard PC price) with Amazon's $10 credit for the regular 360 version. I don't think I would buy the collectors edition for 360 for sure, $70? pff... But then there's the issue of exclusive content from preordering with gamestop, something I can't do with the limited edition of the 360 (sold out) but which I can do with the limited edition of the PC version (but then it wouldn't be a steam game, and half of what I love about PC games -- the cloud storage of my library -- would be moot)

So here's my options:

Digital deluxe on steam -- 60
regular on steam -- 50
regular on xbox -- 50 (on amazon)
regular on xbox -- 60 (gamestop with exclusives)
regular on PC -- 50 (with gamestop exclusives, no steam benefits)
limited on PC -- 60 (with gamestop exclusives, no steam benefits)

(limited edition and digital deluxe are pretty much the same thing)

... or i can just wait a year or more and get a DLC bundle on either platform...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you should just donate the money to poor children in Africa who are even worse off than you, and have more important decisions to make. They can't even whine about them on message boards on account of no internet access.

Yeah, and since Africans aren't going to stop having poor children any time soon, I think you should burn a big chunk of your next paycheck on any game you want.

I'm in the same boat, but I don't pay new game retail. I waited a year to play the first one. Dragon Age went down to $40 within the first few months and it's now at $35, so I say wait for a good deal and get it for the PC through Steam or wherever you find the best deal.

Let's just hope those African kids get their shit together and start making good decisions, like getting on CAG and looking for good deals so they have enough money for gaming and food.

Ahh darkslime, you are a real card. Is that a picture of your thumb? Good to see you were able to keep it out of your ass long enough to snap a photo. You also seem to stick around alot for someone that's supposedly beyond the "minutia" going on here. "I care about acting like I don't care" would be a good slogan for yourself.

well thanks for your ... help?

i ended up pre ordering from wal mart for reg edition PC for $36 with their 10 buck coupon offer...muhuhahaha

I don't think anyone is going to help because you seem like you won't be happy with any of the choices.

EDIT -- I stand corrected.

I'll say regular on 360.

[quote name='depascal22']I don't think anyone is going to help because you seem like you won't be happy with any of the choices.

EDIT -- I stand corrected.

I'll say regular on 360.[/QUOTE]

well i decided $10 isn't worth pointless achievement points or the so called "next gen tax", and i can buy the original game for PC for $5 in clearance bins (or just download other people's save games with different ME 1 endings).. 36 is pretty good considering dragon age didn't even get lower than that during the X-mas clearance sales and the like, i doubt ME 2 will get this cheap again until at least this coming X-mas/black friday. the inventory management and driving is supposed to be way better on PC plus you can up the resolution to like 1900 instead of 720p, so it's all good i guess. I'm really unhappy with EA for making all these ridiculous DLC offers that work differently in different stores. I figure it'll end up being like empire total war anyway where you can end up buying all the pre-order crap for $2 down the line

Glad you found your answer OP.

Well, this is curious. This other poster and I responded first to this thread and now I can't find either of our posts. Do they censor posts here? Not that mine had terribly bad language, but I was a bit irreverent to the first responding poster for not answering the OP's question and instead bringing up pointless drivel. I don't understand why people respond just to cut down peoples' original posts and don't even answer the question asked. We're not here to judge people, we're here to find cheap games. If you don't like what someone has to say, then just don't post.

[quote name='RuzzT']Glad you found your answer OP.

Well, this is curious. This other poster and I responded first to this thread and now I can't find either of our posts. Do they censor posts here? Not that mine had terribly bad language, but I was a bit irreverent to the first responding poster for not answering the OP's question and instead bringing up pointless drivel. I don't understand why people respond just to cut down peoples' original posts and don't even answer the question asked. We're not here to judge people, we're here to find cheap games. If you don't like what someone has to say, then just don't post.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what happened to my response as well... all it takes is a click of the mouse from "the man" and your stuff is gone, no notice or anything. Now I know how Jason Bourne feels.

PC games don't have any resale, but they definitely go down in price faster... I guess from there you're left to decide what matters more. Of course, there's always the potential to just rent the game first. That way you can get the initial thrill out of it, and later when you're so inclined you can go back for the extra stuff when it's cheaper.

funny how people waste their time criticizing others' worries and try to be purposefully hurtful for absolutely no reason...

you'd think people taking the time to register and use a site to buy cheaper video games would have enough on the bargain entertainment in their lives to have positive attitudes.

bread's done
Back