The Expendables trailer (Stallone, Statham, Li, Rourke, Lundgren, Stone Cold & more!)

The movie doesn't look that bad, looks actually like something I would like to see. I was going to see it anyway since li, and statham were in it.

Me and some of my friends want to see this cause we love old school action movies. We will probably go see this together.

Now that's a damn good April Fool's joke. I would have believed it too until Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis showed up.

Van Damme, Segal, and Russell are idiots for turning down this movie.

This film will be a damn fine piece of business. Stallone and Rourke alone guarantee my day-1 viewing.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Now that's a damn good April Fool's joke. I would have believed it too until Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis showed up.[/QUOTE]

This doesn't look like a joke when the trailer was posted yesterday. Seeing those two in the trailer kinda shocked me, since I don't think they've ever been in a movie together(I'm glad to see Arnold in another movie too).

[quote name='tangytangerine']This doesn't look like a joke when the trailer was posted yesterday. Seeing those two in the trailer kinda shocked me, since I don't think they've ever been in a movie together(I'm glad to see Arnold in another movie too).[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I don't believe anything I see or read on April 1st. If April 2nd comes around and this trailer is still up or if I see a poster at my local movie theater then I'll believe it. Until then, I'm not believing anything.

Kind of like this from another website I saw:

post-4229-1270047274.jpg

Now I know Tron Legacy is coming out this summer but no way do I believe there's a Lego tie-in (games, sets, etc.) with it.

yeah, well then it must be done filming or is Briattany murphy coming back to finish it up?

Wasnt arnold not going to do movies while in office?

Nice to see the trailer finally. I'm looking forward to this over the top flick. Arnold better have more than just a small part.

^ Arnold's still a governor. That was probably half his part right there!

[quote name='KaneRobot']Van Damme, Segal, and Russell are idiots for turning down this movie.[/QUOTE]

Apparently Seagal had a falling out with producer Avi Lerner so he didn't want to take part in any movie Lerner is involved in.

Van Damme is just an idiot because he still thinks he's an action star and doesn't want to play second fiddle to anyone. His ego was also probably inflated due to JCVD... even though he's just back to doing more straight-to-DVD flicks.

The disappointing absence is Wesley Snipes, who couldn't leave the country because of his legal problems.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Now that's a damn good April Fool's joke. I would have believed it too until Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis showed up.[/QUOTE]

An April Fool's joke that people have been hyped up about for the last two years?

Man, I'd see any movie, literally any movie with Bruce Willis or Governator or Jet Li or Jason Statham in it. This movie has all of them and Stallone, Lundgren, Couture, Stone Cold, Rourke, and more. HOLY fuck

[quote name='Azumangaman']I don't care how ridiculous this might end up being, but I must go see it.
This defines an epic cast.[/QUOTE]

You know, I was gonna say it would define an epic cast if Danny Trejo was also in it.... So I checked IMDB, and he IS fuckING IN IT. Holy shit. Though they also claim Brittany Murphy is in it. Hmm.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You know, I was gonna say it would define an epic cast if Danny Trejo was also in it.... So I checked IMDB, and he IS fuckING IN IT. Holy shit. Though they also claim Brittany Murphy is in it. Hmm.[/QUOTE]

Damn, and I love me some Danny Trejo. If I'm walking into a dark alley, I want him on my side to scare anyone else the fuck away.

And is it just me, or is it impossible to understand about 70% of the lines in that trailer? This is going to be so awful it will be awesome.

[quote name='Purple Flames']The only things missing from this movie are the reanimated corpses of Bruce Lee and Teddy Roosevelt.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty damn funny. Yeah, my buddy and I have been dying for this movie since we heard about it around xmas. It's like the oceans elleven of action movies. The movie poster is more bad ass then most films.

It looks like they wrote out Murphy from the script. Too bad, it would have been good for her legacy for her last movie to be this awesome.

http://www.iconvsicon.com/2009/05/2...ten-out-behind-the-scenes-footage-on-the-way/

[quote name='Tony208']Man, I'd see any movie, literally any movie with Bruce Willis or Governator or Jet Li or Jason Statham in it. This movie has all of them and Stallone, Lundgren, Couture, Stone Cold, Rourke, and more. HOLY fuck[/QUOTE]

This is going to be worth it just to see all these bad ass dudes in it. The story doesn't even have to make sense. As long as someone is getting their ass whipped it will be glorious. Too bad Snipes couldn't have been there though. That would have been epic to see him there with every one else.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']This is going to be worth it just to see all these bad ass dudes in it. The story doesn't even have to make sense. [/QUOTE]

Are they going to rescue the kidnapped-by-ninjas president?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You know, I was gonna say it would define an epic cast if Danny Trejo was also in it.... So I checked IMDB, and he IS fuckING IN IT. Holy shit. Though they also claim Brittany Murphy is in it. Hmm.[/QUOTE]

Danny Trejo isn't in it. They couldn't find a role big enough for him.

Brittany Murphy's part was written out before they even filmed it.

The compositing for the film is being done partially here in Shreveport, LA. A friend has been working on special effects for a few scenes. Take this with a grain of salt, but he said Arnold is barely in it, and that Stallone keeps changing his mind over what scenes are in and out or need to be changed. (He is directing, co-producing. etc.) Hope the film does not end up being a cluster-^@%#$!

Yeah, even though Arnold and Bruce are just making cameos, it's good to see them in stuff. Last thing I remember from Bruce is Die Hard 4, which wasn't THAT long ago, but Arnold on the other hand.... What was his last movie, Terminator 3?

[quote name='Chronis']Yeah, even though Arnold and Bruce are just making cameos, it's good to see them in stuff. Last thing I remember from Bruce is Die Hard 4, which wasn't THAT long ago, but Arnold on the other hand.... What was his last movie, Terminator 3?[/QUOTE]

Bruce was just in Cop-Out with Tracy Morgan.

BTW, upon watching the trailer, I'll be going to see it the first day in theaters.

[quote name='Chronis']but Arnold on the other hand.... What was his last movie, Terminator 3?[/QUOTE]
Does his "cameo" in Terminator Salvation count?

[quote name='Chronis']Yeah, even though Arnold and Bruce are just making cameos, it's good to see them in stuff. Last thing I remember from Bruce is Die Hard 4, which wasn't THAT long ago, but Arnold on the other hand.... What was his last movie, Terminator 3?[/QUOTE]

The Jackie Chan version of Around the World in 80 Days.

[quote name='Scorch']Brittany Murphy also has a role in it.[/QUOTE]

Yer a bit late:

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Danny Trejo isn't in it. They couldn't find a role big enough for him.

Brittany Murphy's part was written out before they even filmed it.[/QUOTE]

This movie is gonna be so awesome. Nice to see the trailer living up to the concept.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Danny Trejo isn't in it. They couldn't find a role big enough for him.
[/QUOTE]

I am a sad. Why does IMDB do this?

Why do i get the feeling that the clip of Arnold in the trailer is probably most of his time in the film.

Looks cool though, between Stallone, Arnold, and Lundgren i expect half the dialogue to be understandable.:lol:

Too bad they couldn't get The Rock in there with Stone Cold. They could have worked Jackie Chan in there. That would have been great.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Too bad they couldn't get The Rock in there with Stone Cold. They could have worked Jackie Chan in there. That would have been great.[/QUOTE]

Has Jackie Chan ever made a serious movie where he uses guns and there's a high body count?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Has Jackie Chan ever made a serious movie where he uses guns and there's a high body count?[/QUOTE]

You call this a serious movie? :lol:

I get what you are saying though. In that regard, Chow Yun-Fat would have rocked.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']You call this a serious movie? :lol:

I get what you are saying though. In that regard, Chow Yun-Fat would have rocked.[/QUOTE]
Hell yea, he never has to reload, so up goes the body count! BLOODIER THAN TOTAL RECALL...BLOODIEST MOVIE EVER!!!

and that robot or cyborg, alternate avatar movie.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I don't care how ridiculous this might end up being, but I must go see it.
This defines an epic cast.[/QUOTE]

Two words explain why this cast can't, in any way, shape or form, be considered epic...
CHUCK NORRIS

/thread

bread's done
Back