music issue

Not Pennys Boat

CAG Veteran
alright so i've gone with the "cheap-ass" approach of using my PSP as an MP3 player instead of investing in an iPod or whatnot. but here's the weird problem i have - i'll start playing my music folder, and then i press the display button for a few seconds to turn off the display (in an effort to save battery life). unfortunately this makes the beginning few seconds of each new track sound terribly fuzzy :whistle2:s. when i turn the display back on, the music performs completely well again.

not a huge problem (just trying to save some battery life) but i'm baffled - what could the display being on/off have to do with the audio quality? anyone else had this problem?

Which PSP are you using the 1000, 2000, 3000 or Go? I have the PSP Phat (1000) and PSP Go and I have not had this problem before. Maybe try it without headphones to see if it is a connector problem.

It's a 3000 - I'm pretty sure it's the "remote" attachment I'm using (so I can change the volume & pause the music while the PSP is in "hold" mode in my pocket). When I turn the display off, put the PSP on hold, and then skip to the next song using the external remote thing, the song will play extremely fuzzily for the first few seconds and then clear up. Yet if I do the same thing, without first turning off the display, all is well...

Unfortunately there is no way for me to test this with the speakers due to the nature of the problem - if I turn the display off, then when I skip to the next song using the "R" button on the PSP itself, the display comes back on automatically so I can't tell if it would play well with the display off... it's got to have something to do with the remote attachment itself. Interesting, nonetheless :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back