PS3 System Activation Problem

Machikunas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I traded in my old launch PS3 a couple of weeks ago to pick up a new quieter slim. Everything seemed to go smoothly enough. I was able to re-download my purchased games and they're working fine on the new machine.

However, today I'm trying to download the free rental of Godzilla 2000 and I get this error;
"The PS3 system cannot be activated. This content cannot be used. 1 PS3 systems are already activated for your account. To activate this system, you must deactivate another PS3 system."

I thought I deactivated the account on the old system, but can't swear to it. Has anybody else had a similar problem? I'll virtually never need to download videos on the PS3, it just bothers me that it's working this way. Any advice?

Is there a way to call Sony to ask them to deactivate systems?? Apparently I have 5 systems activated. I guess I never thought about deactivating the old systems when they went to crap or when I sold them.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Is there a way to call Sony to ask them to deactivate systems?? Apparently I have 5 systems activated. I guess I never thought about deactivating the old systems when they went to crap or when I sold them.[/QUOTE]

i dont think they will diactivate but still who know ?
you can download the free movie from another account with not a problem ( just sign up )

bread's done
Back