Guitar Hero or Rock Band instruments?

vgossain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I just got a PS3 and am looking to sell my Wii Rockband equipment and buy a PS3 band bundle.

I've seen the Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle, Band Hero Bundle and RockBand 2 bundles all for around $100.

Between GHWT and BandHero (are they the same instruments?) and RB2 instruments, which are better or are they pretty much the same? Anyone have a strong inclination one way or the other?

Thanks!

I believe the GHWT and Band Hero drums are the same. I think the Band Hero guitar is the same as the GH5 guitar.

I don't play the drums (I suck at it), but most people seem to prefer the Rock Band drum set.

The guitars are personal preference. I like the Guitar Hero ones. I have a GH3 Les Paul and GH5 one. I think the GHWT one has some issues, so I'd recommend going with the GH3 or GH5 ones. The former is probably cheaper but the latter probably isn't that more expensive and probably worth the extra price.

If you're unsure, check if you GameStop has either used guitars or a PS3/360 with the guitars connected to play it. Best Buy usually has them up, too.

I'd get a Rock Band 2 set and then a GH guitar separate.

RB2 wireless drumset is much better than GHWT drumset. As for Guitar I think both of the newer versions are very good. I like the GHWT wireless guitar a lots don't see any problem with it as long as I have it. But the RB2 Wireless guitar is also very good. For me I say get the RB2 drum and the GHWT guitar xD

If you're looking to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band games, get Guitar Hero instruments since Neversoft blocks RB instruments from working with the training mode that is necessary for trophies. If you don't care about trophies, then get whatever works best for you.

Stay far, far away from the GH3 guitar, as it's faulty out of the box and misses maybe 20% of the strumming. If you want an extra guitar for bass, get a Nyko Frontman guitar that goes on sale for $10 or $20 occasionally that works great with both franchises. The only issues most people have with the Nyko guitars are that the initial set-up isn't as simple as it should be.

I bought one of the RB Beatles guitars, and it was real expensive, but the quality is top notch.

Nice smooth frets with no sticking.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you're looking to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band games, get Guitar Hero instruments since Neversoft blocks RB instruments from working with the training mode that is necessary for trophies. If you don't care about trophies, then get whatever works best for you.

Stay far, far away from the GH3 guitar, as it's faulty out of the box and misses maybe 20% of the strumming. If you want an extra guitar for bass, get a Nyko Frontman guitar that goes on sale for $10 or $20 occasionally that works great with both franchises. The only issues most people have with the Nyko guitars are that the initial set-up isn't as simple as it should be.[/QUOTE]

I've had my GH3 Les Paul for almost 3 years and have never had a problem with it. FWIW, I did do this before I used it so the loose neck would never cause a problem.

I use the following instruments:

Guitars: GH3 Les Paul (so far its working fine I play on hard)
Nyko Frontman ps3 version (so far working fine really good guitar got mine for 6 buckss at ross)

Mics: this is easy go to gamestop and buy the jonas brother game (ps2) for 1.99 and get a (wired but awesome) logitech mic that works for ps3 and ps2.

drums: I got the rockband 1 drums for free from an amazon mistake (they sent my friend a ps3 drumset instead of a 360 one and he gave me it for free and they happend to have still sent him the 360 drumset) but I think you can get the rb1 for about 10-20$

[quote name='icedrake523']I've had my GH3 Les Paul for almost 3 years and have never had a problem with it. FWIW, I did do this before I used it so the loose neck would never cause a problem.[/QUOTE]
http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Hero-P..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1280280092&sr=8-1
http://www.rbgrn.net/content/36-guitar-hero-iii-ps3-has-severe-playability-issues

It's maybe not 100% but it's a very common issue that would be best solved by getting a Nyko Frontman guitar instead. Avoid the whole issue by not buying the broken guitar.

the singstar mics work fine with rb2. I have wired ps2 sing star mics and use it for rb2 on ps3. seems the same as the rb mic which I also have.

Amazon had the limited edition Beatles bundle for the PS3 on sale today for $91 so I ended up going with that. I was able to sell Wii RB and Beatles for $110 so I have enough to buy RB2 or some other game and now have upgraded to the PS3 stuff (and can now buy GH games as well).

Thanks everyone for the advice

bread's done
Back