Forza 3 Customizable Soundtracks

steve_k

CAGiversary!
The back of the Forza 3 case has an icon for 'customizable soundtracks'. When I first saw this, I thought of the original Forza on the original Xbox. The original Xbox, like the Xbox 360, had a built-in hard drive. You could transfer your music CDs to your Xbox hard drive and listen to your own music while playing games that supported customizable soundtracks, Forza being one of those games. This meant I could listen to classic Metallica while playing Forza on the original Xbox instead of the 'Ram Rod Boys' or whatever it is kids listen to these days.

No where in the setup do I see the option to listen to my own music in Forza 3. Granted, I don't have any of my own music on my hard drive as of now, but I would at least expect to find an option to browze through my music.

Has the definition of 'customizable soundtracks' changed since the original Xbox, or am I missing something?

Hit guide button, go to media, go to select music, and yay custom soundtracks for any game!

I'm pretty sure that's what they mean by custom soundtrack. I have alot of games that say that on the back of the box.

[quote name='bs000']Hit guide button, go to media, go to select music, and yay custom soundtracks for any game!

I'm pretty sure that's what they mean by custom soundtrack. I have alot of games that say that on the back of the box.[/QUOTE]

I noticed lots of new 360 owners don't know about this.

I wish it worked the way it did on the origibal Xbox.

GTA games on Xbox supported a 'Mixtape' channel on the radio.

With the 360, your just playing music while you play a game, it plays over menus, loading, everything.

[quote name='Puffa469']I wish it worked the way it did on the origibal Xbox.

GTA games on Xbox supported a 'Mixtape' channel on the radio.

With the 360, your just playing music while you play a game, it plays over menus, loading, everything.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't play over everything, some games have points where the characters are talking where it pauses the music or it pauses music during cutscenes.

I'm surprised people don't know about custom soundtracks on the 360.. I have been using it since I got the 360.

Also, you can use the DVD Media remote to control the soundtracks while in the game. Previous track, next track, play, pause and stop all work.

Try playing Call of Duty 2 with Final Fantasy battle music.. it's pretty epic

bread's done
Back