Lost Planet 2 - $35 / $39- Newegg / Amazon

I really wanted this game when it first came out but I am glad that I waited. I see a 20 dollar price point in the near future for this title and it will be mine then. Thanks OP.

I bought my copy for 40 bucks at Best Buy. Nice to know they are dropping the price though. Maybe that will get more players in game.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']If you buy Madden this week at BB, you get half off LP2 making it only 19.99[/QUOTE]

Awesome deal for those buying Madden!

Word of warning, unless they have fixed it, you can't competitively matchmake with friends. Making a public game with private slots is easy for coop, but if you want a CTF or team deathmatch with friends, you either can go only private, or public and *hope* to join in.

If they had party matchmaking, the game would easily be worth $45,...but without it, I'm still a bit sore from getting it day 1.

I am currently playing through the campaign right now and I am really enjoying it. I originally had this pre-ordered months before it came out, but canceled it after playing the demo (didn't care for it). However, I recently had a bunch of Lockers points that I wanted to burn, so I used them to get LP2 for $20 shipped and I don't regret it at all. I am about 70% through the campaign and although there have been a few glitchy/cheap parts in the game, it has been a great experience overall. I don't care for the multiplayer much though.

I wonder what the odds are of this staying at this price for a while. I traded $30 worth of games to Amazon, waiting for them to get them. Might use it on this if it's still $35.

[quote name='Phokis']Word of warning, unless they have fixed it, you can't competitively matchmake with friends. Making a public game with private slots is easy for coop, but if you want a CTF or team deathmatch with friends, you either can go only private, or public and *hope* to join in.

If they had party matchmaking, the game would easily be worth $45,...but without it, I'm still a bit sore from getting it day 1.[/QUOTE]

Dammit. I noticed that on the MP demo when my sister and me were playing it. It was such a pain in the ass hoping that the second person will make it into the match before someone else does. I was really expecting Capcom to fix this before the game was released.

Just sent Lost Planet 2 back to gamefly a few days ago. I'm strongly thinking about picking this up for $35 as I really love Lost Planet 2. Yeah, it has it's share of issues and quirks but for a co-op game it's great and has some really awesome set pieces.

My biggest issues with the game are

-Nobody plays public matches, meaning most MP modes can't be played and everyone seems to be a super serious asshole in ranked games.
-That there is no akrid hunter mode. One of the best additions to Lost Planet Colonies and it wasn't in the sequel.

[quote name='mobcrew']I really wanted this game when it first came out but I am glad that I waited. I see a 20 dollar price point in the near future for this title and it will be mine then. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ParticleReality']
-That there is no akrid hunter mode. One of the best additions to Lost Planet Colonies and it wasn't in the sequel.[/QUOTE]

these. then we have a real winner Lost Planet follow up.

The game apparently performed far below Capcom's expectations... I don't know what kind of bearing this might have on it's future price, I figure if it means there's lots of copies still lying around you can probably expect a cheaper price later on.

[quote name='mobcrew']I really wanted this game when it first came out but I am glad that I waited. I see a 20 dollar price point in the near future for this title and it will be mine then. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
I hear you there. I preordered but never picked it up after seeing the reviews. But $20 might be my buy point too.

bread's done
Back