Selling Games Individually or in a Lot: Game Gear?

NickNorman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I recently picked up a Game Gear with twelve games. I'm thinking about selling them, but don't know how. Normally I'd put them up one by one and wait, but none of the twelve are amazing, and all are out of box (although almost all of them have the manual). Would I get more from the system by itself (with the case and PowerBack battery together, maybe) and the games one by one, the system at once and all the games at once, or everything together? Prices I've seen have been all over the place, and I don't know much about the system.

[quote name='Potatoeman']No original boxes right? For the actual game gear I mean..[/QUOTE]
Nope, no boxes for anything. The system came in a case with a battery pack and charger.

I'd try selling it as a lot; everything looks nice with that carrying case you have and not everyone on the block has a working game gear. I don't know about what games you have there, but even if it's stuff that's pennied out on amazon $1-3 is possible (anything to save on the $4 shipping). Basically you'd be selling it as a starter set to the curious or a gamer who's nostalgic for their bygone game gear days.

Lots always sell for less than if you sell individually. However, I've learned from experience that Game Gear games do not move fast unless they are desirable. Common games usually fetch no more than $8 shipped. What I'd recommend is pulling out any Sonic games that aren't Sonic 1 or 2 (Chaos and Triple Trouble can get $10 - $15 a piece easily). The Game Gear has quite a few other rarities (Mega Man, Fatal Fury Special, Streets of Rage 2) but I'm assuming you don't have those. Sonic Chaos and Triple Trouble are fairly common, but still highly desirable.

If you've got the time, research each game individually and pull anything out that is worth $10+ and list it separate from the system. Bundle everything that isn't worth more than that together with the system and list it as a lot.

Here are the games:
GP Rider
Tom and Jerry: The Movie
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie
Surf Ninjas
NHL All-Star Hockey
Deep Duck Trouble
X-Men
Super Columns
Poker Face Paul's Solitaire
Sonic Drift 2
Choplifter III: Rescue Survive
NFL '95

Deep Duck Trouble and Sonic Drift 2 look like the only ones I can get more than a couple bucks for, so I might try to sell those by themselves. I'll probably end up selling everything else at once. Thanks for the help, everyone.

bread's done
Back