Question about Best Buy returns/RZ coupons

CENNY

CAGiversary!
May be a silly question, but I don't have much experience with BB returns... Say I bought an item that originally cost $30 at a BB store, and I used an RZ coupon that knocked almost six dollars off the price on the final receipt (because the RZ saving knocked off different amounts off each item I bought thus making them appear cheaper, instead of a chunk taken off the total at the end), so with the RZ cert it looks like I only paid about $24.

I heard there are no more restocking fees at BB, so I'm happy about that... but in this case, will I get the full official price of the item back if I return it? Or is the saving I got from the RZ credit gone forever, and I only get back the "discounted" price that I paid? Thanks.

I'd have to imagine the points are non-refundable. I don't think many of us have memorized Best Buy's return policies, though, so it's probably better to call or e-mail them and ask.

Thanks for the feedback, fellas. I'm thinking I'm going to try talking to the manager if I don't get that portion of my RZ cert back.

You'll receive a refund for the amount you actually paid, and the RZ points are credited back to your account within 6-8 weeks.

It's actually the certificate that gets refunded. You'll see the same exact certificate in your account within a couple of days. It'll have the same expiration date too.

[quote name='DarkRider23']It's actually the certificate that gets refunded. You'll see the same exact certificate in your account within a couple of days. It'll have the same expiration date too.[/QUOTE]

But how can they refund the certificate if I already used part of it? I only need to return one out of the three items I bought.

I still have the original RZ cert ready for printing again in my acct, but that's been there for a few days (I guess they leave it there for printing out again in case you lose the first print out)- obviously I can't use that cert again, though.

[quote name='CENNY']But how can they refund the certificate if I already used part of it? I only need to return one out of the three items I bought.

I still have the original RZ cert ready for printing again in my acct, but that's been there for a few days (I guess they leave it there for printing out again in case you lose the first print out)- obviously I can't use that cert again, though.[/QUOTE]You'll get back the proportion of the RZ cert used for the item you're returning. The certificate is split up on the purchase proportionally per item compared to the total purchase cost.

If you bought a $50 item, a $25 item and a $25 item on an purchase with a $10 RZ cert, $5 of the cert is deducted from the $50 item and $2.50 each is deducted from the other two items. If you return one of the items, the percentage used on the purchase is refunded back to your RZ account.

Thanks shrike, and all who replied. I actually just got back from BB, and the helpful lady there told me about another option: if I did a return, I would only get back the amount I paid and the RZ points would be credited back to my RZ account, but if I did an exchange for something else in the store, I would get the whole value back in credit (i.e. the full BB selling price of the item, ignoring any discount I got via RZ cert) against the new purchase... so that's exactly what I did.

So yeah, this might be good to know for anyone else doing returns to BB.

bread's done
Back